Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 24, 2008

Old     (ryan516)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-06-2008, 9:02 PM Reply   
I am thinking about investing in a Ronix Covin 133cm and i'm just wonderin if any of you own the board or have ridden it. i wanna know if it has alot of pop, if it is aggressive and if its a good board to get better on. please help me out bc i dk where else to ask. any replies would be greatly appreciated. thank you, ryan.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-06-2008, 9:07 PM Reply   
I rode it once, felt like a lighter version of th 3ds... was fast on the water but popped way less than the one or ibex *(which I am selling mine if interested) but again I only took one set on it
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-06-2008, 9:07 PM Reply   
no one here can tell you if the board will work out for you or not. go to your local shop and demo one.

and a wakeboard isn't an investment.
Old     (upnorth)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-06-2008, 9:49 PM Reply   
a wakeboard is a investment, not everyone can afford brand new boards and gear.

ryan keep asking for advise, there is alot of cool people on this site with alot of good advise. granted not all of us are as wise as dakid.

wish I could help you out, i've heard great things about that board but no personal experience. good luck
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-06-2008, 10:24 PM Reply   
It's an investment in the sense that maybe you'll be good enough riding to win some money maybe possibly I don't actually know so I'm going to shut up now to avoid hijacking the thread...
Old     (flatcher)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-06-2008, 11:10 PM Reply   
I have the Covin with the Cell boots. I really like it! I went from a Hyperlite Motive, to LF Fish to the Covin. I get much farther (actually into the flats) than ever before and my pop is higher as well. I'm very happy with it. The guys at TSR spent time with me asking me a bunch of Q's to recommend the right board and bindings for me. (As for Bindings their recommendation was get the most comfortable ones you can afford).
Old     (tommysurfs)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-07-2008, 9:35 AM Reply   
Ryan,

Hey bud. We give you a performance guarantee so if you ride it for a month and do not like it, you can trade for any other board we sell. We want to earn your business. We have two team riders that love Ronix so call us and we will let you talk to them. Or come out as soon as things warm up and wakeboard in the afternoon after a snow set in the morning. Thanks a million.

Tommy Phillips
www.gettommys.com
1-800-592-7547
Old     (ryan516)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-07-2008, 7:10 PM Reply   
thanks for the info and i was thinking about lookin at the liquid force ps3. is it a good board? has anyone ever ridden one?
Old     (owenitall)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-07-2008, 9:39 PM Reply   
hey nick, how much for the ibex, what size?