Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Shane10p)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-18-2013, 8:49 AM Reply   
Hey guys as the season comes to a close here in the NW I wanted to share my experience with my SA350 after a season with it . We put 65 hours on it dislocated one shoulder , slight tear to a knee and broke two boards ..... Wakeboard wake is really good or we are really bad..... I had a 2008 VTX Malibu before this boat and spent some time really looking around at other boats I spent time on the Tige RZ4 , MXZ , and had a 2011 LSV purchased before I spent time in the Supra . The ballast system is great I have the 900 standard and also the Flex Ballast and never had a need for more weight. The Vision touch dash is extremely easy to navigate and use never had a new driver struggle to find there way around it . This boat drives better than anything that I personally have ever drove with weight and while driving double up this boat is rock solid ! We use our boat for about 80% wakeboard and the rest surfing , surf wake stock was no sacked out LSV but found it to be just fine for a group of friends in the evening after a long day of riding. But with that said none of the pickle forks are real surf machines and this still performed great , could easily drop rope and get pretty deep behind the boat . The Zero Off speed control is great the finish overall finish is absolutely top notch and have yet to find anything about this boat that doesn't seem to be well thought out or of the highest quality. Honestly never thought I would leave the Malibu line have always loved them and still really enjoy my buddies Malibu's but Supra really did this one right and honestly have no complaints about this thing inside or out ! Greg at Active Water Sports did a great job going over this boat from a rider stand point and that was really a big selling point for me also. This is a extremely brief review and could go on and on about this boat but instead I'm going to try to soak up the last couple of riding in Portland with my broken boat crew.
Old     (Supravol22)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-18-2013, 8:54 AM Reply   
Awesome!!! We need some pics of that beauty too
Old     (machloosy)      Join Date: Mar 2013       09-18-2013, 9:18 AM Reply   
Real cool to hear a positive real owner review on a brand new rig. The SA series looks sharp and it's very cool to hear they perform and feel just as good as they look
Old     (Shane10p)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-18-2013, 9:35 AM Reply   
Name:  supra 5.jpg
Views: 1917
Size:  78.2 KB

Name:  supra 3.jpg
Views: 1893
Size:  72.9 KB

Name:  supra2.jpg
Views: 1901
Size:  88.5 KB
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       09-18-2013, 10:17 AM Reply   
Nice looking ride. Greg is a great guy, only met him once, but felt really comfortable with him. I usually ride on the Columbia (over by Marine Drive and the 205 bridge, or over in the Hayden Island slough by the Port of Portland).

Always nice to see another Supra!
Old     (Supravol22)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-18-2013, 11:10 AM Reply   
Storm Trooper SA! Sweeeeeeet
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       09-18-2013, 11:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supravol22 View Post
Storm Trooper SA! Sweeeeeeet
No, Stormtrooper is *MY* Supra's theme.. hahahaha

Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-18-2013, 11:12 AM Reply   
That boat is sweet. Glad you are digging it. Could have been mine, but you stole it from me!!!! JK
The SA and SC are both sweet. If I decide to buy a new boat next year they are going to be on the top of my short list...
Old     (Shane10p)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-18-2013, 11:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler97217 View Post
That boat is sweet. Glad you are digging it. Could have been mine, but you stole it from me!!!! JK
The SA and SC are both sweet. If I decide to buy a new boat next year they are going to be on the top of my short list...
Stole huh ...... Maybe if it was all black
Old     (dcooper)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-19-2013, 10:51 AM Reply   
Do you have any feedback or thoughts on 350 v 450 v 550?
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-19-2013, 12:03 PM Reply   
I can tell you that I have driven the 450 totally loaded (well over stock) down and it had tons of power. I have driven the 350 not totally loaded (stock ballast and people basically) and it did just fine. I would suspect the 350 will be totally sufficient for 90% of consumers. Comparable to the 350 in any boat that is out now. If you really want to load it and be on plane real fast then the 450. If you want to be the badass on the lake then get the 550, but not sure why anyone would actually need it, but it is cool!
Old     (Shane10p)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-19-2013, 12:29 PM Reply   
The 350 was a concern for me when doing my on the water and it had no problems getting on a plane loaded. I ran my 350 Labor Day with 8 buddies and a full tank of fuel and never had a problem and no one was in the bow. Would I love to have a 550 heck ya ! Did I ever feel a need for more power no boat did fine all season. I also think the boat planes out well due to the ballast distribution in the bow . I drive a X2 and my buddies VLX all season and they seem to struggle to plane out quickly . Last week we did run mine with full ballast and two 540 bags on the floor with 3 guys and again no problems.
Old     (dcooper)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-19-2013, 12:31 PM Reply   
Thanks guys. So, Diggs what size motor will you be getting?
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-19-2013, 2:39 PM Reply   
D.Cooper....
Based on what Shane said and what I have heard from others, probably the 350. Would love the 450 though just so I could show off to Shane10p and one up him, so we will have to see. Just a big price jump....
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       09-19-2013, 3:04 PM Reply   
What kind of weight do you normally run in your boats Diggs? Our 350 has stock pnp plus 750's in the rear and with about 5 people in the boat she struggles a bit. I like the wake a lot with that setup, but my buddy's 450 with 1100's in the back has a MACKIN wake and it'll pull that weight plus 10 people up no problem
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-20-2013, 9:17 AM Reply   
Ttime - I don't have an SA so you would have to ask Shane and others. I have just been on an SA350 with stock ballast and then a SA450 with way more than stock.
Old     (Shane10p)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-20-2013, 12:05 PM Reply   
I run my 350 with stock plus full plug and play and normally one 540 bag I always try to keep the fuel tank full . I really don't feel like it struggles but then again I have never been in a wakeboard boat with a LS3 , I do use the wake plate a lot to help it out . I'm sure the 450 and 550 are awesome but here in the NW there doesn't seem to be a ton of the big engine upgrades to my knowledge. And personally I don't see a ton of need for it .
Old     (wakintime)      Join Date: Jul 2011       09-22-2013, 12:24 AM Reply   
I got the SA450 and it almost has too much power! The 350 would have been fine but got a great deal with the 450. Having had 3 Malibu's, tige, Sanger and MB I didn't think this boat would be superior. I love Malibu's but this Supra just seemed to superior to ME. I am surprised my self. No bashing but everything was so thought out, the quality awesome and the wake well let's just say is incredible for wakeboarding and a pretty good one for surfing. It drives like a Ferrari on the water. I loved all my boats but for now this is the one. All great boats though. No bashing from me.