Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 12, 2006

Old     (ridemyzamboni)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-10-2006, 5:53 PM Reply   
I'm travelin in a couple weeks and was lookin to take my board. Do all board bags hold both your board and bindings? Can you leave your bindings on or do you have to take them off? Any recomendations on which bag to buy/stay away from?
Old     (cwbrider16)      Join Date: May 2004       07-11-2006, 8:04 AM Reply   
i have a cwb board bag and it fits my board pretty well but takes some pulling to zipper over the bindings, however im sure all board bags are made to fit bindings
Old     (jovedawake)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-11-2006, 9:14 AM Reply   
That depends on your board and bindings. Mostly your bindings...I have watsons which are really tall, and I cannot get my bag closed if I leave them on. Stupid design of the bag really...

by the way, I have a "Liquid Force Weekender Wakeboard Bag". Everything about the bag is sweet (the extra storage areas, hidden straps that come out to make a backpack, quality), but it can't even close with my bindings?! they should have made the bag deeper...oh well.

I suggest you take your board and bindings with you and see how they fit in different bags...before you make your purchase. Don't assume it will fit like I did.
Old     (drewdown)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-11-2006, 9:20 AM Reply   
I have the exact same problem as you Charlie. It will zip shut but looks funny as hell and no so easy to carry. You have to take the base plates of the bindings and the bindings off the board to make it somewhat reasonable.

*I have the same LF weekender bag.
Old     (ozwest)      Join Date: May 2006       07-11-2006, 9:25 AM Reply   
I have to tuck the bindings slightly forward to get it to zip up but it hasn't blown out the zipper on the bag yet. It's a CWB board bag and fit last year's setup really good but now my Minx are taller bindings so I have to bend my bindings forward more. This hasn't caused any problems with the bindings or the bag yet.

As for recommendations on bags...if you have the ability to test them out (like Charlie mentioned above) look to see if the zipper says "YKK" on it. Those tend to be higher end zippers. Also check the seams to be sure they are at least double reinforced (two rows of stitching instead of just one row). Brand names are not as important to me as the construction of the board bag. One of these days I hope to design/make my own one that fits the bindings better as I don't like bending them down to fit in the bag.
Old     (h2oterroristo)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-11-2006, 9:29 AM Reply   
I have the LF weekender and like the last couple guys said, it should have been made a little deeper. Regardless, I have watson's on a team 143 and with a little finesse it zips right up, has plenty of storage space, and is great to carry. I only wish I would have gotten the one with luggage rollers on the bottom.