Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old    redraidertt            08-12-2004, 7:56 PM Reply   
just bought a pair of XL Transit bindings and have a couple of questions:

1. Do the liquid Cam bolts come with the bindings?

2. I tried assembling the ring and disc to the boots but have run into a clearance issue.

- The ring overlaps the front piece of foam on the boots ( approximately 1/4") and will not sit flush.

- You can force the ring into the foam and bend the toe piece up but then you are not able to adjust the ring

I have the same problem on both the left and right foot bindings. I know that the disc will only bolt on in one direction to the bottom of the boots.

Am I missing something? Can anyone help??
Old    wakeboarder408            08-12-2004, 10:17 PM Reply   
Greeaatt, this is not good for me to hear things like this cuz im getting my new LF Transits tomorrow in the mail. Maybe i should of stuck with my 03' Parks.
Old    howie            08-12-2004, 10:31 PM Reply   
we will fix it at work mark no worries MAN I is all good WHAT THE HELL MAN IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-12-2004, 10:39 PM Reply   
What problems arose with the metal baseplates used for years....??
Oh yeah, none.
Old    jeffer            08-13-2004, 7:12 AM Reply   
I also just purchased some XL transits, which says for they're for 11 and up. I wear a 12, and was surprised to find them especially loose around the toes. It doesn't really seem to matter how hard I tighten up the lace, I just can't get them to feel tight becase of how stiff the outer boot material is. I know bindings typically stretch out and get looser, but my question is, with the Transit boot material, is it possible that it will actually get more flexible as I use it which would allow me to cinch the laces tighter? Or will they only get looser? I don't want to ride them if they're only going to get worse.

David, yes the liquid cam bolts are supposed to come with the bindings.
Old    redraidertt            08-13-2004, 9:17 AM Reply   
Well, the store where I bought them from is taking care of the problem. Plus LF contacted me and offered there support. It is nice when the customer is treated so well when a problem arises.

Jeff, If anything the binding will probably get looser over time.

Old    tutman            08-13-2004, 10:36 AM Reply   
Always good to hear about good customer service. Like Jeff, I got the XL ones (also size 12) and they were way to big. I recommend getting the size L. They are much better. I swear these things are the softest things I've ever had on my feet. I would compare it to going from no shoes to shoes on a wakeskate. At first you don't feel anything, but then you get used to it. Landings are butter. It's just a bummer I can't ride them for a few months again.
Old    wakeboarder408            08-13-2004, 11:09 PM Reply   
David, I received my LF Transits today and i rode them and everything is fine with mine and they do come with the cam locks and extra washers. It sounds to me like your bindings might be a defect. I think they made the gray foam soles a little too big causing it to sit on top of the ring. I think you can either trim off the excess foam yourself or have it replace or something. Good luck!
Old     (ttuclint)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-13-2004, 11:35 PM Reply   
I think it all depends on how your foot is shaped, I wear a 10.5 and had to get XL's in the alpha version.
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       08-14-2004, 11:55 AM Reply   
I think LF's sizing is all screwed up. I have large transits and they say they fit 9-11. I have a 10 and have to tighten them all the way down. Theres no way a size 9 could get a tight fit in these things.
Old     (ttuclint)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-17-2004, 7:05 PM Reply   
just got me some in the mail today, same problem. what did they do to fix the problem david ?
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-17-2004, 8:05 PM Reply   
as far as the sizing goes, I used to ride HL bindings and always used a size med or standard. I needed a large in the LF alpha. The med alpha was way too narrow for my feet, and I don't have wide feet. The larges fit like a glove
Old     (ttuclint)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-17-2004, 9:33 PM Reply   
yeah - alphas are a different beast from the transits.

I wear Alphas very comftorably in XL but the XL in transit are falling of my feet.
Old    redraidertt            08-18-2004, 7:21 AM Reply   
Clint,

The store that I bought them from took care of the problem for me. If they don't I would contact LF direct or you can just cut out a small portion of the foam. Shouldn't effect the performance of the bindings.

Clint did you go to Texas Tech?

Old     (ttuclint)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-18-2004, 12:22 PM Reply   
yeah, i got them off ebay and the place is definitely hooking me up. I would highly reccomend anyone to buy from this place -

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=snowand water&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50

and yeah i go to Tech.
Old    redraidertt            08-18-2004, 12:33 PM Reply   
The guys and snowandwater definitely know how to take care of there customers. I have bought stuff from there and they have smoking deals.

Does Tech still have a Ski Team? I graduated in back in 95 and we had some good times out at the sulphar lake.
Old     (ttuclint)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-18-2004, 12:37 PM Reply   
yeah there is a "ski team", ive checked into it but never gone out to do anything with em but it is mostly wakeboarders.