Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old     (woohoo)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-25-2006, 1:02 PM Reply   
I was just wondering if anyone else has or ordered this vest. I ordered it and it is backordered at every place that sells it. I have been waiting about a month for mine. It's driving me crazy because I'm stuck with a big stiff cheapo vest until mine comes.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-25-2006, 1:08 PM Reply   
I'll save you the trouble of deciding how it works: it sinks.
Old     (woohoo)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-25-2006, 1:10 PM Reply   
Really thats the CGA one though.
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-25-2006, 1:17 PM Reply   
I ride in the Dragon Swat CGA and 1 of our wakeskate team riders does too and it floats really well!

The Helium/Nevin Non-CGAs are more for looks...

Danny T.
www.OKCBoardShop.com
www.WakeboardOklahoma.com
Old     (woohoo)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-25-2006, 1:21 PM Reply   
Thats what I thought, since it's the only CGA like that its probably why its backordered everywhere.
Old     (woohoo)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-25-2006, 1:26 PM Reply   
Oh thanks for the links it got me to Helium's website which I could never find until just now.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-25-2006, 1:27 PM Reply   
Oh jokes, I thought that was NCGA, I was just being a joker....
Old     (woohoo)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-25-2006, 1:29 PM Reply   
Thats cool I wouldn't want a non CGA those would sink, especially since I fall a lot.
Old     (zerp)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-25-2006, 4:17 PM Reply   
I have the Dragon SWAT vest and was a bit disappointed. It's more bulky than other CGA wakeboard specific vests I've used. It also stretched a little since I bought it and it doesn't really fit anymore.
Old     (agfan12)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-25-2006, 6:07 PM Reply   
I second Nick's dissapointment, it is by far the Bulkiest CGA vest I have ever ridden in. It was a waste of $100. I ordered it expecting it to be much lighter and less bulky than my Hyperlite Neoprene vest, it is not. In fact, it is much, much bulkier. The coolness is quickly lost when you realize that it actually limits your ability to do certain grabs. I find it extremely difficult to even pull off a seatbelt grab.

Do yourself a favor and get the O'Neil Outlaw vest, it is the best CGA vest I have ridden in. It's not bulky and it's super comfy.

Seriously, I can't tell you enough how much it sucks. The coolness of the side-entry and design is quickly lost.

If anyone from helium/nevin is reading this, please, buy mine back.

(Message edited by agfan12 on July 25, 2006)

(Message edited by agfan12 on July 25, 2006)