Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 21, 2006

Old     (needwake)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-10-2006, 10:39 AM Reply   
I am building a house and putting a bsmt garage under my main garage. Will a 7' high garage door be high enough to fit in a boat on the trailer? I plan on upgrading from the ski boat I have now and was wondering what are the heights of some of the boats that are out there?
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-10-2006, 11:09 AM Reply   
No, that won't be enough. It's barely enough for me to get my 92 Ski Nautique with a New Dimension tower on it through the door. I have about 2 inches. My friend has an x2 and has to take the rear section of the tower off to get it in the garage.
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-10-2006, 11:10 AM Reply   
no -- definitely go w/ atleast an 8' door. some boat will go--some will not --- it's only a few more hundred $$$ --so don't regret it...
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-10-2006, 11:51 AM Reply   
My XLV is 8'1" from ground to top of tower when folded...
Old     (needwake)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-10-2006, 12:44 PM Reply   
Thanks for the responses so far.
My upper garage will have 8' high doors but the lower one won't fit an 8' high. I could go to 7'-6" but it would have to be a custom made door. In the summer the boat could go in the upper garage because my truck can sit outside but in the winter I want to store it in the basement garage so even if I had to take the tower apart it wouldn't be a big deal.
Any more heights? (with towers down)
Old     (boardn197)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-11-2006, 3:15 PM Reply   
I just talked with a malibu dealer and he said the window on an 06 VLX is 7 feet but with the illusion tower folded down required 7'8". Looks like I'll have to raise the header on my 7 foot garage.
Old     (iagainsti)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-11-2006, 4:12 PM Reply   
Brad- Was the height the dealer quoted you on the 06 Illusion with the nav light ? When my tower is folded the racks and nav light look to stick up about a foot above the windshield
Old     (boardn197)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-12-2006, 8:54 AM Reply   
KG- The dealer just said the height without any details. He was short on conversation, not sure what his deal was, but thanks for the accurate info.
Old     (massattitude)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-12-2006, 10:29 AM Reply   
If you put board racks on the top mounting holes they will stick up another 1 1/2" above the nav. light.
I have 3/4 to spare to get my v-ride in a standard door.
Old     (iagainsti)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-12-2006, 10:39 AM Reply   
I havent actually measured the height and it was just an eyeball measurement on my behalf. I have a 7 ft door and my VLX appears to be a good 1ft too tall with the nav light and racks sticking up. I dont think 05 and older have the nav lights so they might be a bit lower.
Old     (fergie23)      Join Date: Sep 2004       07-12-2006, 1:56 PM Reply   
same here--can just barely get my v-ride in a standard 7' garage with low-profile set-up and board racks off...but it fits!!! would recomend the higher door if you have the option!
Old     (fyrdawg29)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-12-2006, 7:17 PM Reply   
I have an 05 VLX. I can fit my boat in my 7 foot garage. I had to lower the trailer 4 inches and put low profile tires on the trailer. I also have to remove the tow ball from the tower. The extreme trailer can be lowered up to 6 inches.
Old     (boardn197)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-15-2006, 10:03 PM Reply   
Brett- What's involved in lowering a trailer? I'll be looking at VLX's once this season is over and need to fit in a 7 foot garage.