Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 21, 2006

Old     (rourker)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-07-2006, 7:07 AM Reply   
I've seen a few people looking for the same information regarding the height of boat w/ the tower folded on the trailer. Anybody want to share this on some of the more popular wake boats, Malibu w/ Illusion, etc.? I'm in the research stage of the buying process and looking for some quick input vs. treking around from dealer to dealer w/ a tape measure. My garage header is 84" on the nose! Can anybody help me out?
Old     (gnelson)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-07-2006, 10:49 AM Reply   
I believe the Illusion folds lower than most towers so you basically need to clear the windshield. Depending on what model of Malibu (bigger boats sit higher on trailer) you will probably be ok with 7' if you are thinking about a VLX. Most boats will not fit under a 7' garage with tower down.
Old     (l1spoogy)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-07-2006, 11:02 AM Reply   
Seth,
05 Malibu Vride with Illusion tower on low profile extreme trailer goes in my garage it's only 81inches. I do have to take the tow ball off the tower to get it in though.

Hope this helps
Old     (fyrdawg29)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-07-2006, 4:25 PM Reply   
I have an 05 VLX on a extreme trailer with the illusion tower. My garage is exactly 7 feet tall. With the tower folded down the tower height is 7'4. I had to have the trailer suspension lowered 4 inches. Also needed low profile tires and remove the ball from the tower before it goes in the garage. Lots of work but well worth it.
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-07-2006, 4:30 PM Reply   
An X1 would fit. Don't trek around, look at the boat specs online or in brochures.
Old     (oldmansteck)      Join Date: May 2002       07-07-2006, 6:15 PM Reply   
I have an 05 vlx with the Titan 3 on an extreme trailer and it wont fit under a 7 foot garage door. In fact its not even close, the illusion tower gets you much closer.
Old     (rourker)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-10-2006, 1:07 PM Reply   
Thanks guys. Sounds like the Illusion is smooth set-up. I'll check the x1 would work, but I'd like a little more room in the boat. I'm noticing that some manufacturers list these dimensions but don't always show it with the tower folded or on the trailer w/ the tower folded. I think I need to make sure to hit the boat shows!