Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 23, 2005

Old     (openwydr)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-26-2005, 11:02 AM Reply   
I have 2 monster racks on a monster tower. Problem is that the quick release has been tightened as much as possible and the rack still will rotate. ( Instead of the prongs facing up they end up facing down when loaded with boards and the boat is going.) If the bungies are not holding the boards in then the boards will fall out. Coulsd make for some problems for anyone being pulled behind the boat.

Anyone got any advice on how to fix this?

SB
Old     (mujibur)      Join Date: May 2002       06-26-2005, 1:47 PM Reply   
JJ,
What is rotating? A - The clamp that mounts to the tower itself with the plastic or B - circular on one end and square on the other piece that mounts to the racks quick release assembly?

If the issue is B then just tighten the 2 socket head allen bolts that hold the square & circular piece to the mount. This solved my problem.

If it is A then i am sure Monster has a solution.

Old     (brit_rider)      Join Date: May 2004       06-26-2005, 3:03 PM Reply   
OK i'll answer the second question first - If the bungies are not holding the boards in then the boards will fall out, this is what the bungees are for. they hold the boards in very securely from my experience... and at the end of the day i think they were put there as they were needed to do a job ;)

OK first question, its not the quick release thats your problem. the racks have a leveling function which allows them to be mounted at any angle... you simply need to tighten it up and your racks will be fine.
To do this:
On the mount of the rack (the bit wrapping round the tower leg) there are 4 bolts, 2 holding the mount on the tower and two next to each other by the quick release knob... tighten these 2 as tight as you can. Job done.

Hope this helps.

Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-26-2005, 6:23 PM Reply   
YOU NEED TO TIGHTEN THE TWO ALLEN KEY SCREWS THAT ARE LOCATED RIGHT BESDIE EACH OTHER AT THE BASE OF THE RACK.... THAT IS WHAT IS ROTATING... NOT YOUR QUICK RELEASE MECHANISM... IT IS RIGHT BEHIND IT!
Old     (cooze)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-27-2005, 7:53 AM Reply   

tighten these!
Old     (openwydr)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-30-2005, 7:47 PM Reply   
Thanks, I tightened ans all is great...
Kyle, ease up on the caps bud, relax and enjoy

Thanks again

JJ
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       07-01-2005, 4:28 PM Reply   
*rolls eyes*