Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       12-25-2011, 5:23 PM Reply   
Let me start by saying...

So what wakeboarding gear (or non wakeboarding gear) did you guys get for from Santa?
the big man read my mind!

Last edited by durty_curt; 12-25-2011 at 5:25 PM.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-25-2011, 5:30 PM Reply   
A Hyperlite side entry vest.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       12-25-2011, 6:14 PM Reply   
chinese food
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       12-25-2011, 6:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHebrewHammer View Post
chinese food
I'm sorry for being narrow minded during the holidays. so Hebrew hammer, what did you get for Hanukkah?
Kidding! I know you're not Jewish..
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       12-25-2011, 6:46 PM Reply   
Peking Duck hammer??
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       12-26-2011, 11:09 AM Reply   
New Go Pro Heroto replace the one that's at the bottom of the lake!
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-26-2011, 11:12 AM Reply   
Roland GR-55 guitar synth. Nothing for the wakeboarding. I dislocated my wrist last week on a fall where slack rope got tangled around my hand. It's not too bad but it killed my wakeboarding all week while we've had 80 degree weather.
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-26-2011, 3:04 PM Reply   
some fat sacs and a prop! no more stock riding... hell yea!
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       12-26-2011, 4:18 PM Reply   
My wife set me up. New Gopro 2. Bunch of wakeworld stickers, trampoline, Pull DVD set, killer old school Xbox game "Wakeboarding Unleashed, and a spring trip for the both us to Wakeboard Camp. Got my wife a killer treadmill that she has had her eye on. Picked up a '12 CWB Lotus setup for my 10 year old daugther and countless other goodies for everyone else. Pretty good haul in the ol' Corvin household this year.

Last edited by Bumpass1; 12-26-2011 at 4:27 PM.
Old     (hockeysk8er222)      Join Date: Jul 2009       12-26-2011, 4:35 PM Reply   
A new Burton Hero for the snow, and a new Phoenix Project! I went with the 2011 model based purely on aesthetics, was that a bad decision?
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       12-26-2011, 4:51 PM Reply   
My wife got hooked up more than me! :-) I gave her a 2012 Ronix FHL board and binding setup. She did get me a few cable passes and a couple pair of 2012 4-way stretch Cire's.

Eric - These should be your best yet!
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       12-26-2011, 4:56 PM Reply   
I forgot, new guide pole covers too.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       12-26-2011, 6:43 PM Reply   
Dang Jamie, you went all out this Christmas! Throwin money around like its the end of the world (next year)
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       12-26-2011, 7:28 PM Reply   
So my friend and I installed the new jack this morning before going to the lake! He made an adapter plate so I wouldn't have to cut the bolt from the original trailer jack mount.

This gift rocks! Oh ya, so does the adapter plate!
Old    logan            12-27-2011, 11:55 AM Reply   
My fiance hooked it up pretty big this year, said she had to search long and far to find it. I haven't seen one with the reverse bottom but I like it! She also got me a pretty sweet watch.

I got tons of other awesome stuff, too. But this is the only wake related gift.
Attached Images

Old     (sangermadness)      Join Date: Sep 2011       12-27-2011, 12:11 PM Reply   
The boat scored this year. anchor buddy rope, trailer guide covers, 10 stainless cup holders w /LED's ,Boat Bling sauce cleaners/conditioners, and some cash for a WS-420. I laughed and said why is it my boat when we need stuff but at the lake it's "our" boat! Haha. The girls got a wakesurf,
new vests and gloves. But we had a great Xmas this year and hope everyone else did too!
Old     (sangermadness)      Join Date: Sep 2011       12-27-2011, 12:12 PM Reply   
The boat scored this year. anchor buddy rope, trailer guide covers, 10 stainless cup holders w /LED's ,Boat Bling sauce cleaners/conditioners, and some cash for a WS-420. I laughed and said why is it my boat when we need stuff but at the lake it's "our" boat! Haha. The girls got a wakesurf,new vests and gloves. But we had a great Xmas this year and hope everyone else did too!
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       12-27-2011, 12:15 PM Reply   
I so want the Lyman just for what the board stands for. Give us a review on how it rides!
Old     (txmxer)      Join Date: Sep 2011       12-27-2011, 12:20 PM Reply   
Wasnt supposed to get a new wakeboard but ran into a Liquid Force Shane Bonifay on sale at sports chalet for $60 so I couldn't resist, and I bought my nephew his first wakeboard too, a Liquid Force Squirt for $60 on craigslist as well; looks brand new.

Old    logan            12-27-2011, 12:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampawake View Post
I so want the Lyman just for what the board stands for. Give us a review on how it rides!
I felt the same way! From what I've been told they are pretty hard to come by right now, so I was insanely stoked to get one. Even if I absolutely hate the way it rides and I were to go back to recoil I would still be happy that our money went to a good cause. However, if this board rides anything like his LF decks, with some slingshot love I don't see how it could be anything but off the hook.
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-27-2011, 5:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by eubanks01 View Post
My wife got hooked up more than me! :-) I gave her a 2012 Ronix FHL board and binding setup. She did get me a few cable passes and a couple pair of 2012 4-way stretch Cire's.

Saw the order come in for these and knew you would be stoked! You will love. I'm rockin the GRINDER's right now.
Old     (jsw)      Join Date: Apr 2009       12-27-2011, 8:45 PM Reply   
2 750 sumo sacs for the back and 1 650 for the front. pretty pumped to see/ride the new wake. anyone have any pics of a malibu v-ride or equivalent with around 2500 lbs plus a wedge???
Old     (bhyatt_ohp)      Join Date: Oct 2007       12-28-2011, 6:40 AM Reply   
I ended up with a Washburn acoustic guitar, Diamondback Response Mountain Bike and some new component speakers for my beater honda civic. Got some underwear and some gift cards in my stocking. It was a great Christmas.

JSW, here are some pics of my former vride and my current VLX with similar weight in them. http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=784250 We should get together and wakeboard this coming season, it looks like your close to Nashville.

Last edited by bhyatt_ohp; 12-28-2011 at 6:41 AM. Reason: .
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-28-2011, 7:42 AM Reply   
How awesome of Slingshot to do that.......
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       12-28-2011, 8:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebrdjay View Post
Peking Duck hammer??
Haha no, I'm not quite that classy. Shrimp lo mein it was!
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       12-28-2011, 9:55 AM Reply   
$200 Overton's gift card... won't last long
Old     (BlitzedVLX)      Join Date: Feb 2011       12-28-2011, 12:13 PM Reply   
My girl gave me a $200 southwest airline credit and $50 to spend at OWC!!
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       12-28-2011, 2:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eubanks01

Saw the order come in for these and knew you would be stoked! You will love. I'm rockin the GRINDER's right now.
Got the Grinders and Beachtrash. How do you like the Chaos? Thought about exchanging the Grinders but not sure if you have the Choas (34) in stock...and I'm not sure if they are too funky for my taste! That 4-way has a really unique feel to the material. I think they will be super comfy. Do they dry like the previous material? How is the static? Can't wait to get them on (in) the water!
Old     (logan)      Join Date: Dec 2011       12-28-2011, 3:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
How awesome of Slingshot to do that.......
That's what I thought to, not only is Lyman giving all of his royalties but SS is matching it penny for penny.
Old     (Delt725)      Join Date: Mar 2011       12-28-2011, 3:18 PM Reply   
One Time Bomb and a GoPro2! Should be a great summer!
Old     (iRIDEWAKES)      Join Date: Feb 2011       12-28-2011, 5:23 PM Reply   
Vacai in the Keys and some good news, a Sys 2.0 will be up in the next month near the OtherSide Wake Shop so I'll be ridin next Christmas instead of Snorkeling and watching people get Sea-Sick
Old     (bhyatt_ohp)      Join Date: Oct 2007       12-29-2011, 8:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delt725 View Post
One Time Bomb and a GoPro2! Should be a great summer!
The One Time Bomb is now available? I got Christmas cash to spend on one and if they are available, I need to order one. I thought it would be late Jan-Feb before they had them ready.
Old     (jsw)      Join Date: Apr 2009       12-29-2011, 9:07 AM Reply   
bhyatt thanks for the pics man. wake looks good. let's definitely ride sometime this season. where do you normally ride old hickory?
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-29-2011, 9:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by eubanks01 View Post
Got the Grinders and Beachtrash. How do you like the Chaos? Thought about exchanging the Grinders but not sure if you have the Choas (34) in stock...and I'm not sure if they are too funky for my taste! That 4-way has a really unique feel to the material. I think they will be super comfy. Do they dry like the previous material? How is the static? Can't wait to get them on (in) the water!
We dont have the CHAOS yet but they should be here in March. Why not keep the GRINDER's and pick up the CHAOS when they get here You will love the 4-way. Put them on and rock them around the house, you won't want to take them off. They dry like our other boardshorts, nice and quick. No issues with static either. We have found the best way to take care of static with any clothing is just a little lotion on the legs. The static is created because your skin is dry.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       12-29-2011, 1:16 PM Reply   
A pair of Teva Gnaroskis for wakeskating and kayak trips, and Defy. Luckily I got enough snowboard and climbing related stuff that I wont go insane before my season starts.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       12-30-2011, 7:49 AM Reply   
Eric - Guess I need to start lubing my inner thighs. Haha! Yeah, that makes sense. I HATE static and is mostly with the really thin type board shorts. Yeah, I've tried them on and so far they are money! Thanks man.
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       12-31-2011, 10:27 AM Reply   
Here is a short clip of my smallest kid on the trampoline that my wife bought. She is already working on her skills for next season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvTfK...ature=youtu.be
Old     (816)      Join Date: Dec 2011       12-31-2011, 4:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by durty_curt View Post
So my friend and I installed the new jack this morning before going to the lake! He made an adapter plate so I wouldn't have to cut the bolt from the original trailer jack mount.

This gift rocks! Oh ya, so does the adapter plate!
Your gonna love that jack, wish I would have got mine sooner.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-31-2011, 5:37 PM Reply   
Scored an iPad, defy, in transit, lots of cash to put towardds apt rent, food and gas for driving to snowshoe and some new snowboard gear and a bunch of under armour gear. Pretty stoked on all of it. Oh, and I got one of those chocolate oranges. Muy tasty. Anyone here on the east coast with a season pass to snowshoe? You should come ride with the vt wake guys and I up there over the winter.
Old     (rdlangston13)      Join Date: Feb 2011       01-01-2012, 4:54 PM Reply   
Go pro hd hero two, tsunami pump, and a Wakesetter rc boat