Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    alanp            01-07-2010, 11:53 AM Reply   
this will be my third cycle. started on monday. im doing 30 mins of cardio each day before the work outs. my numbers for the first week so far were in between weeks 2 and 3 of my last cycle which ended in august. since then i was doing a couple of the p90x workouts a week along with cardio. i did gain a couple of lbs over xmas but not too bad. here is a pic of me towards the end of my last cycle..

Upload
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-27-2010, 11:57 AM Reply   
Just a quick update on my progress. I am starting the last phase today. Actually kinda excited to go back to the old workouts. Should be a nice change of things. I have missed a couple of days here and there (around 3-4 total). I started at 218 on the first day. Last night I was at 202. Feels really good. I looked back at my first day pic and the day 50 or so. Pretty cool to actually see the changes. I am really excited to finish this up and see what can happen in the last phase. From what I have read it is the biggest change phase.
Keep it up boys!
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-27-2010, 2:23 PM Reply   
Started my second year of p90x, began same time last year in march. wife and I are in 4th week (recovery). looking forward to results at the end of may..we have core synergistics tonight, what a hell of a workout...
Old     (sandman59)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-27-2010, 2:54 PM Reply   
Ready to get the third phase started, i going to try to hit the last month hard. I missed a couple of workouts this month when my dad was in the hospital for three weeks, but otherwise have been pretty dedicated. I love the Kenpo and Plyometrics workouts, have gotten much better at Ab Ripper X.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       03-29-2010, 7:58 PM Reply   
Here are my stats. 6ft 211lbs and 18% body fat. Started the program today. I am hoping to get down to around 195lbs and 12% body fat by the end of the program.
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-30-2010, 7:32 AM Reply   
Dude you should get some really good results. As everybody else said, its all in your consistency and what you eat. My first 30 days were so so and then I started to eat better. Now I am down to 202 from 218. I am about half way through week 8.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       03-30-2010, 9:18 AM Reply   
The program is so cardio intensive ( even the regular weight workouts) I still managed to lose 15-20lbs when I did it the first time still drinkin 10-20 beers/wk. I started at 6'3" 210, and ended up around 192lb when I finished. Definately lost muscle after the 90 days but felt much mroe athletic and flexible than I have ever been.
Old     (dave23)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-30-2010, 9:18 AM Reply   
I did the first workout yesterday and damn was it tough. Anyone ever have some extreme shoulder soreness/pain after day one? Mine is killing me today.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-30-2010, 9:22 AM Reply   
I've stayed the same weight through 5 weeks, but I my diet is okay at best and I drink a lot of beer.

but I can tell I've lost fat and gotten more muscle... its amazing how many more of some of these things in the workout I'm doing.... and it it was amazing that after the 2nd week I went from doing 1/2, 2/3 of the ab ripper stuff to being able to keep up just fine
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-30-2010, 9:24 AM Reply   
David, I was so sore after my first week that it hurt to move. I am assuming that you are referring to a muscle soreness as opposed to a tendonitis type of pain...

keep at it guys
I am on week 13 and am looking forward to starting over with Insanity mixed in
Old     (dave23)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-30-2010, 9:37 AM Reply   
Cliff, thats what I am hoping. I think I'm truly going to start next week. I figure since I'm at home for spring break and easter coming up it's going to be hard for me to eat right. I'm just going to use this as a "practice" week and see how it goes. The worst thing about being sore is that I have a manual labor job. I get to walk around a warehouse for a few hours a night loading beer cases.
Old     (load)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-30-2010, 11:34 AM Reply   
Dave--Thats a good job to have loading beer!!

So in week 5 of Insanity for me. Supposed to be a recovery week, where you do the same workout everyday (Core Cardio and Balance). I have not as I had a few days to make up. I did do that workout today and thought it was also great, kinda mixs it up with everything from the other workouts but at a bit slower pace. I will probably do it 2 more times this week along with some other phase I Insanity videos, then Monday is fit test 3 and MAX Plyo. I guess the workouts move to 60 minutes from 40! Should be interesting.

I feel like I have definitly lost some fat (diet could always be better, but it is about 80% good) and mid section is looking better, the pictures will be the truth though at day 60.
Old     (dave23)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-30-2010, 12:20 PM Reply   
Doug, it isn't bad, but when you try and workout it makes it tough. Normally I have to push pallets around with a pallet jack(manual) and load beer onto the pallets. I did plyometrics(half, that **** was tough) and I'm going to pay for it at work. My shoulder is still kind of sore, but I think it was from when I "bumped" into another pallet of beer that had a case sticking out just far enough while wrapping mine in shrink rap yesterday.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       03-30-2010, 12:29 PM Reply   
I changed up my diet so I am hoping that also helps with the fat loss. I have the p90x cookbook and I am doing some of those meals and then some other meals that I know are healthy. Eating right is definitely the key. I hope I can keep the diet up the whole 90 days.
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-05-2010, 7:38 PM Reply   
If anyone is looking for the doorway Chin-Up bar.. please hit me up. I purchased one directly from the P90X website, but never used it because I rigged a different pull-up bar to the rafters in my garage.