Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old    lforcerider            02-08-2004, 4:22 PM Reply   
My dad is looking to buy a new tournament boat for under $30 000 canadian. I live in the Vancouver area of BC and am willing to drive within a 6 hour drive from my house in order to pick it up. Does anybody have any ideas about any dealerships or even any boats that you are selling personally. We are not looking to buy anything outside Canada because of the taxes. Any help is appreciated.}
Old    saxosham            02-08-2004, 9:28 PM Reply   
Mike,

I know there is a Mastercraft Dealership In Abbotsford, also a small Malibu dealer in Langley & a larger Malibu dealer in Kelowna.
Old     (wes_can_riders)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-08-2004, 10:32 PM Reply   
mike did u go to the boat show man? the boats are totally sick there... this new x-star wazz sick.. the deas nutz is gettin it
Old    lforcerider            02-08-2004, 10:56 PM Reply   
I wish I could have gone to the boat show but i had to work. I know about the mastercraft dealership in abbotsford, my neighbor bought a brand new 19 skier from there. I don't know how many used boats they have there though. My dad doesnt want a wakeboard boat but he does want a tournament boat because he skis and he wants something we can both use. We are headed up to kelowna in a couple weeks for snowboarding. Maybe I could stop by there when we go. I know we are going to stop by Dockside Marina. Is that the one you were talking about?
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-08-2004, 11:04 PM Reply   
The Nutz are getting and X-star, I'm so jealous, the slough with an X-Star, that pretty sweet!
Old    bambamski            02-09-2004, 7:48 AM Reply   
Mike if you buy from any dealer you'll still have to pay all the taxes. Only if you buy privately will you save the GST, but I believe you'll still be dinged with the PST when you register the boat. The used tournament boat market is way better than it used to be here in Canada however I'd still look for something in Washington if I were you. The dollar is strong and you'll probably have a better selection if you're not buying new.
Old     (wes_can_riders)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-09-2004, 8:02 AM Reply   
ya its like 94,000 canadian, and its got like a plasma screen to watch video and stuff in. I worked wit the nutz and island ryders crew all weekand there cool guys
Old     (bradb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-09-2004, 9:27 AM Reply   
Though I didn't buy my boat from them, I've had nothing but the best service from Enzo's Inboards. They sell Nautiques from somewhere around van. Call 'em at 604 270 6535.
B
Old     (lchamaschuk)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-09-2004, 10:24 AM Reply   
The Malibu dealer in Vancouver is Performance Watersports in Langley - the dealer in Kelowna is Malibu Marine - http://malibumarine.com/.

I would never buy a boat from the Mastercraft dealer in Abbotsford - he is an ***hole. Last year, we spent the boat show every day in all the dealer's booths trying to decide what to buy. The other dealers were talking to us, answering questions, wooing us, etc, but the Mastercraft dealer wouldn't even talk to us, even though it was obvious we were serious buyers. Then on the last day, he finally decided to come over and talk to us. We had said we bought a Malibu, and his response was "come test drive a Mastercraft" and he was bad-mouthing Malibu and our dealer. He was a sore loser and wouldn't give up. I wouldn't deal with anyone like that.

There is also the Tige dealer in Chilliwack - Red Line sports.
Old     (john_d)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-09-2004, 10:56 AM Reply   
Lucky Charms,
Thats to bad that you got a bad vibe from Tournament Boats in Abbotsford. I bought my boat there and would recommend them to anybody great deal great service. They do have some used older skiboats there as well. They are a small dealer only 2 or 3 employees so that could explain not being able to give you personal time at the boat show.
Old     (lchamaschuk)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-09-2004, 2:36 PM Reply   
John,

We did speak to someone at the boat show, but it was a dealer who had come out from Ontario to help Mike. But as a dealer, he should notice people who are at the booth as much as we were that week. We spent A LOT of time there, and at all the other dealers. In fact it was kind of a running joke - all the dealers were waiting to see what our decision was.

Maybe he just figured that because the other guy was talking to us, the situation was covered. But from my perspective, I am buying the boat in BC and want to establish a relationship with the owner, not with some salesman from Ontario.

Anyhow, regardless of the lack of personal attention, I couldn't excuse his parting comments. He tried hard to get us to come try out a Mastercraft, told us to try certain things when test driving the Malibu (he was convinced it would sink) and bad-mouthed the dealer and Malibus in general. Hearing that kind of crap only solidified our decision. He wouldn't give up the potential sale even though we had signed a deal with Malibu. Too little, too late.

On the other hand, Jonathan from Red Line was an extremely gracious loser and a gentleman. I would have given him my business over Mastercraft.
Old    shiftywakeskate            02-09-2004, 3:44 PM Reply   
there is a private dealer in chilliwack here that sells supremes, they also get in many used boats all the time. we're buying a used nautique from him for an awesome deal. www.extremeboatsports.com
Old    forum25            02-09-2004, 4:02 PM Reply   
i wonder who the dealer from ontario was...because there are only 2 MC dealers in ontario..if it was a guy from Gordon Bay Marina i wouldn;t give him my sale anyday!
Old     (lchamaschuk)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-10-2004, 9:05 AM Reply   
Tim, I've forgotten his name. I just remember that it was a huge marina and that they sold more than just Mastercraft - there was I/O's too. I don't remember the other lines that they carried, but there were a few.
Old    lforcerider            02-12-2004, 3:39 PM Reply   
I'm having a little bit of trouble finding decent tournament boats around my area in Canada. I have seen some pretty nice prostars on flipsell.com. How much taxes do you guys think there would be on a boat that we paid $20 000 american for?
Old    shiftywakeskate            02-12-2004, 3:50 PM Reply   
from what i understand there is a $200 trailer inspection at the border then after that you still have to pay GST and PST, i belive. so it adds on a lot more, but i guess its worth it if you cannt find any boats in your area.
Old     (goodtimes)      Join Date: Sep 2003       02-12-2004, 4:18 PM Reply   
There is gst, pst, $190 trailer certification, duty (depending on the year), and depending on if you get a tandem trailer, you now need brakes on both axles(I believe)but it might be only on new trailers. And don't forget about shipping costs if you don't get it yourself.
I don't have anything used in that price range right now but could probably find something in the US for you. Just depends what exactly you're looking for in a ski boat. Ski, Wakeboard or multi-purpose boat.
www.gtwatersports.com
Old    forum25            02-13-2004, 7:28 AM Reply   
check out www.gordonbay.com same place as before cos they sell a lot of different boat companies and they guy might be on one of the pages there?>

for boats i look at www.autotrader.ca they have a boat section, you can sometimes find deals.

(Message edited by forum25 on February 13, 2004)
Old    bambamski            02-13-2004, 7:49 AM Reply   
There is a guy by the name of Jeff Petrovich who lives in Chilliwack BC who specializes in fixing bank repos and write offs. I bought a boat from him about 4 years ago and he has some great prices and can find any boat you're looking for. He gets most of his boats from the U.S. and he'll land them into Canada and do all the work for ya. Look him up.

Old     (lchamaschuk)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-16-2004, 3:23 PM Reply   
Tim - I checked the pages, and he wasn't any of the guys listed.