Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (JackMC205)      Join Date: May 2010       02-13-2012, 8:20 AM Reply   
Can someone give me the rough values for a 2000-2002 Xstar, Super Air Nautique, and Malibu Wakesetter/Sunsetter VLX?

looking to buy this spring and wanted to know what realistic values are.
thanks
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-13-2012, 8:57 AM Reply   
All should be anywhere from 20-30 depending on options, hours, color, condition, exact year, etc...

I believe the the Xstar will jump in value a bit in 2001 because it got the better tower, in 2002 it got jabsco reversible pumps vs aerorater pump. Some in this era had vinyl problems I think so check that.

2000 SAN had the one piece rear deck, 01 went to 3 piece deck, 02 went to the narrower gunnels(larger interior) but no full wrap around and was also the last year of the GT40 I think.

If you were looking at 2002 versions of all 3 with tower, racks, bimini, tower speakers, PP, triple ballast, tandem trailer, cover, good condition and less then 500 hours you should be looking at 27.5-30 asking price and could potentially get for 25-27.5.
Old     (jfergus7)      Join Date: Jul 2011       02-13-2012, 9:22 AM Reply   
Did you look it up on http://www.nadaguides.com/Boats yet?
Old     (JackMC205)      Join Date: May 2010       02-13-2012, 9:28 AM Reply   
thanks guys. nada's values are far lower than what people are asking, prompting my original post.

thanks for the info!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-13-2012, 9:30 AM Reply   
NADA is pretty much useless other then from a financing standpoint. That said if potential buyers can't get loans because the NADA is 20$ lower then real world price and the bank will only loan you 80% of Nada it could affect price. Those 3 boats are so sought after though I am not sure if affects them as much.
Old     (jfergus7)      Join Date: Jul 2011       02-13-2012, 9:31 AM Reply   
I usually find that they are pretty accurate. Surprising they are lower.
Old     (JoLo_Si)      Join Date: Oct 2011       02-13-2012, 9:59 AM Reply   
I've been doing a lot of looking this winter and Brett is right on. I have seen a '99 SAN and '00 X-star for $19.9 but they had over 1000 hours and sold pretty quickly. There are also some '00 SAN's for 22-23K out there right now. I think I am going to keep looking for another year and look for that unbeleivable deal or find a well maintained '97+ SuperSport that I can steal and turn into a SAN Clone. '99 SuperSports are going for around 16-17K right now which is too high imo but there have been some out for around 12K which would make a great start to build from.

Good luck, looking for an awesome deal can be time consuming... shouldn't I be working right now?
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       02-13-2012, 3:54 PM Reply   
check out newer similar models that use the older version hull. ex. vride 04-06 sv23 hull, same as older vlx. i bought a new leftover in 05 bu vride for 35k. there out there in the 27 to 34 range. great boat and has newer gear, pp, etc. even the mooba, supra hulls are seen on newer lower end models today and you can usually save money and get a lower hour boat, it also helps with bank rates and financing terms to get a newer model. hope this helps