Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2009

Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-24-2009, 10:44 PM Reply   
Alright guys, I'm kinda a noob still. well yeah i am. We recently got an x45 and we have been going out a ton and we love the sport. right now i have my w2w down ts and hs. We are riding at 22.4 at 65'. We have the stock ballast and two 500 pound sacks to work with. So my question is, at my level of riding, what would be the best setup on my x45: Weight, rope length, speed, trim tab and so on? I wanna start progressing, I want to get the best setup for my skill level. Just any suggestions would be great. Also whats next? What should I try to learn?

Sorry for dumb questions, but in this part of texas we are really the only boat on the water that even has a tower. So I'm kind of on my own when it come to this stuff and i really dont have anyone to point me in the right direction. Wakeworld is the bible to me.

Thanks,
Stephen
Old     (adambarry)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-25-2009, 12:00 AM Reply   
ts w2w 180, its the easiest trick I can think of besides grabs and move the rope back 5-10 feet if you can. depending where you put your weight you might have to bump up speed for the extra rope length

(Message edited by adambarry on June 25, 2009)
Old     (brodie_chaboya)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-25-2009, 12:52 AM Reply   
I have found that just doing stock tanks and extra weight in the back lockers is the way to go. I have tried loading the piss out of this boat a few times like I would an x-star or most other boats and it don't work. put ur sacs in the back and 75ft rope or shorter while ur learning.
Old     (somebuddy)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-25-2009, 6:49 AM Reply   
I wouldn't be too worried about weight on as x45 with what you're trying to do. Just focus on getting very comfortable cutting hard into the wake both ts and hs going both regular and switch. Start doing surface 180's and then wake to wake. If I were you I wouldn't worry about doing any inverts until you get some basic spins down - at least 360's - otherwise you'll forget to learn the basics, peak out, and have to go back to the beginning! (like I did :-))

Most importantly, have fun and don't worry too much!
Old     (tom13knotek)      Join Date: Feb 2009       06-25-2009, 7:46 AM Reply   
stephen,
instead of working on cutting into the wake hard, concentrate on a solid progressive edge both with your hs and ts. correct line tension along with a solid progressive edge is essentially the whole sport condensed into a bag. in one of the last months wakeboarding magazines shaun murray has a good instructional about a solid building/increaSing edge.
Old     (somebuddy)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-25-2009, 9:35 AM Reply   
Good point Tom. Definitely progressive, so the hardest part of your cut is at the wake.
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-25-2009, 10:34 AM Reply   
thanks guys. yeah i have seen some videos on progressive edge and im working on that. I think i will go about 23 this weekend and see how that works for me.
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-27-2009, 2:19 PM Reply   
So what would yalls suggestion be on rope length and speed? Im going out tomorrow so whatever you guys think, i think i will go with that. so give me some feedback!
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-27-2009, 8:59 PM Reply   
Common guys Im hitting the lake first thing in the morning!
Old     (somebuddy)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-28-2009, 8:35 PM Reply   
Ha ha sorry bro. How did it go?