Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (oldman_from_the_north)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-27-2009, 8:00 AM Reply   
Have three options to choose from, wondering which is the right one.
1) Have Crownline 225BR with Monster tower. Could purchase Fat Sac system, but wonder if I'll be satisfied.
2) Could trade for 02' Malibu Response with tower and Fat Sac for about $12,500. It is a DD, but does have wake-plate. Well within my budget.
3) Could trade for a new carryover 07' Supra 21V fully loaded, for about $33,000. Within budget, but straining.
Mainly concerned about the wake the boat will throw, as have maxed out my current I/O.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-27-2009, 8:06 AM Reply   
if you have ever been in or behind a supra i dont think you would be asking this question.

supra throws an unbelievable wake both with stock ballast as well as with additional ballast. If you can afford it I would go buy that supra right now
Old     (kid_yacht)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-27-2009, 8:09 AM Reply   
Supra...hands down
Old    pdxWAKE.com            02-27-2009, 8:10 AM Reply   
Tough comparison cause they are not even similar in price or anything.... First step is to make the decision if you want to spend that much loot. If so you will love the Supra and will not have to do anything to it. If not, the Response is really a ski boat, but should do a lot better than the Crownline, but not as good as the Supra. Good luck....
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-27-2009, 8:13 AM Reply   
Test drive, once you drive an inboard you will never be happy with your io again. The Supra will never be that cheap again and with the 5 year warranty there will be no unexpected costs.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-27-2009, 8:29 AM Reply   
Sounds more like a finance question than a boat question as the supra is clearly the best option by far. What you need to decide is if you can swallow the payment.
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-27-2009, 8:31 AM Reply   
steal on supra take it.
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-27-2009, 8:32 AM Reply   
Chad, if you can swing 33000 with the trade you should be able to pick up a great used boat and manage to sell yours and come out looking pretty good.

given the two scenarios I would say keep your boat or go with the Supra. I've wakeboarded ALOT behind a response and we had a great time but the wake is medicore at best and the boat does not have enough freeboard to add enough weight to make it better. A Sunsetter would be a lot better choice, or a MC 209 for DD boats.