Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003

Old    kitriathlon            08-05-2003, 9:33 PM Reply   
$38,000 out the door new basic model 275 hp no extras w/tandum axle trailer. If not what is a great deal
Old    nick360            08-05-2003, 10:40 PM Reply   
I know Nautique builds a great boat, but there are an awful lot of bigger boats out there of equal or near quality for the same or less money. Especially if you are wanting to wakeboard. $38k out the door may be a great price for a Ski Nautique 206 with a 275 hp motor, but I think it's alot of money for 20' ski boat with way below average hp. Is the PCM 275 hp motor carbureuted or throttle body injected?

If you have already made up your mind, however, please ignore my comment. I don't mean to rain on your parade. Just trying to offer some thought.
Old    jzwake            08-06-2003, 5:40 AM Reply   
Is that an air or just a ski nautique, If its an air and a 2003, I think (in my region) that is that normal, low haggling price. Like nick said there are bigger, better wakeboard boats that can be had for that price or less, Supra Launch series, If your out west, Sangers are nice.
Old    tommyadrian5            08-06-2003, 5:51 AM Reply   
what engine in 2003 models only has 275 hp, i thought the min in 2003 models was 310 hp
Old    tommyadrian5            08-06-2003, 6:11 AM Reply   
never mind i just looked at the cc website, hard to believe they are still putting 5.0 liter engines in these boats
Old     (joeysprague)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-06-2003, 10:39 AM Reply   
Kirk, don't know if you've checked out Centurion. But i just bought a brand new 2003 Elite V-drive with a 315 hp MerCruiser for 35k out the door fully loaded, taxes & reg. included (stereo, board rack, boat cover, coast guard package, dual axle trailer, etc.) from Castiac boat & marine in Castaic CA (32k without the upgrades). The built in ballast tanks add 500lbs and with 10 peeps on board i'm diggin the wake. Not sure what state you're in but i knows guys were ordering boats from this shop from out of state because of these prices. When the 2003's came out, Centurion apparently needed $ (according to my dealer) and offered a special purchase deal to my dealer who in turn bought about a 15 03's off the bat for discount of around 3k per boat. They passed it on to the consumer.
Old     (vortech347)      Join Date: Aug 2000       08-06-2003, 1:20 PM Reply   
As much as I like Nautiques I have to agree. A Ski 206 with the 5.0 engine would be fine for slalom skiing but not the best wakeboard boat around. Especially, when you weight it down (and don't think you won't). And at 38K OTD you could find several better wakeboard boats, not better boats but better wakeboard boats.

For the price you listed you could get a fully loaded Sunsetter d-drive. Look at the Sunkicker package.

Otherwise, I would find a 1 year old Air or Super Air so you still get the remainder of the 5 year bow to stern warranty.

Old     (tlb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-06-2003, 6:33 PM Reply   
You might look at the X-7 mastercraft.
It's a similiar boat, I used to own one, and a friend of mine owns a 206. These are great ski boats but not great wakeboard boats.
Greg is right about the 5.0 engine. It would be way under powered for a loaded down boat even with the gear reduction.
I think the air 216 or the mastercraft x-9 would be a better all around boat if you want d-drive.
Just my opinion
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-08-2003, 9:17 AM Reply   
you could get a fully loaded mobius lsv for 32k.