Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 28, 2007

Old    freefly70            09-14-2007, 6:36 AM Reply   
I am down to the following boats I hope. No hours 07 outback v with gravity one ballast and full warrantee. A well loaded up Tige 20V with just about everything but ballast and 1 year left on the warrantee. Basically the same price both are good dealers but think the Tige' guys are a bit more on their game.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-14-2007, 6:46 AM Reply   
Are you dealing with Dom in Florida on that Tige? He is great and definitely knows his business about boats.

That 20 foot Tige should put out a very nice wake once fat sac's are introduced. Don't get me wrong, the boat is okay without the ballast's but adding another 1200 lbs of ballast will set that thing off. .02
Old    freefly70            09-14-2007, 7:18 AM Reply   
Yeah currently dealing with Dom and can't believe how much knowledge he has not only on his boats but all his competitors and how honest he is. Never once did he slam any other dealer or brand. Seems like a dealer that would really support you as a boat owner. If I end up going used I will still use him for service on that product.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-14-2007, 7:29 AM Reply   
He is extremely knowledgeable and does have an account on tigeowners.com. I haven't heard of anyone complaining about him at all. Very respected on that site and has helped a lot of other Tige owners across the country via the website.

IMO, I'd go the 20V then. It's a smaller boat but the person you are talking to is probably the best in the business. :-)
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-14-2007, 7:53 AM Reply   
after being behind both and in both I would go Tige 20 V for sure. Great handling, good wake, and a good laid out functionable interior. Little more plush than the Outback V. The 20v also rod a little better than the Outback V. Only down side which is minor is the Merc engine in the Tige. However as those have posted dealer is everything when it comes to that and should also play a role in your decision
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-14-2007, 8:21 AM Reply   
Dom knows everything there is to know about the tige's. he's a great mechanic and always figures out any problem. i don't know him personally but have seen him at the dealer meetings and at the tige service school. i'd def. go with buying a boat from him.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-14-2007, 8:43 AM Reply   
That boat could have the GM 340 HP Vortec engine in it. Do you have any more specs on the boat for us? It would help to see if there might be other issues. Also try tigeowners.com/forum. There is a lot of very knowledgeable Tige owners on there.
Old    freefly70            09-14-2007, 11:27 AM Reply   
Yeah it has the upgraded 340HP in it. So not the merc then.