Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old    gao            05-16-2004, 8:16 PM Reply   
Hey, I was looking at a couple of different boards on this site. I fall into the weight range for a couple different sizes, and was wondering which would be easier to learn on. I'm 145lbs, the 134cm board says it's good for 90-180lbs, the 138cm for 120-210lbs. I've gone out a few times before, had a blast, but am definitelt still a beginner.
Old    xxplosive            05-16-2004, 8:43 PM Reply   
I would demo a couple different sizes and see what you like and fits to best. The weight ranges are just suggested/reccomended and are in no way what you have to use. I'm about 160-5 and I ride a 132. I just like the feel of a light board that will spin and move easier in the air. Just my style
Old     (flashalexb)      Join Date: May 2004       05-17-2004, 1:56 PM Reply   
I weight about 180 and I ride a 135. I ride a smaller board for the same reason Ryan does but a 135 would be a pretty good fit for you.
Old    tutman            05-17-2004, 3:28 PM Reply   
I'm about 175-180 and I've always liked the 135-137 size, but lately I've had trouble landing, especially on the d-ups. I am sinking too much and getting a really hard tug from the rope and losing the handle. I'm thinking I should step up to a 140+ to help out the situation, plus get a little extra pop.