Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 29, 2009

Old     (reconabe)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-07-2009, 6:38 PM Reply   
I went to check my air pressure today on my wifes car (secondary tow vehicle, not the vehicle in my profile), and I noticed that I will be needing to replace my tires in a month or so.

I told myself that when these wore out I would put some new wheels on it.

Any recommendations?

(Message edited by reconabe on May 07, 2009)
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-07-2009, 10:25 PM Reply   
Pages and pages of rimmed-up Denalis...

http://superbuytires.com/gallery/model/GMC/Denali/

Here are my favorite SUV wheels... simple, clean, deep lip!

They are called ICCE Mag and they come in 22" or 24"

Upload
Upload
Old     (usostyle)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-07-2009, 10:48 PM Reply   
We have 22's on our Denali and they seem to be a good size to go with. However, for looks, I dropped the back by 2" (eibach springs) and dropped the front just a tad via the torsion bars to help close the gap between the tires and wheel wells, strictly for looks though. Didn't jepardize the ride (in my opinion). I have been told by a couple others who have put the denali lowering kit on it- 3" in the front and 4" in the back, absolutely killed the ride and wish they hadn't put it on. Also, I think 24"s look better than 22"s if done right. I do like the wheel that is pictured above, a nice wide lip with a clean (not too busy) straight spoke.

As for Rubber- I am a real big fan of the new Toyo Proxes II tires. I previously had The Toyo Proxes I, size 305/45/22's and got 55,000 miles out of them (religiously rotated them), they were great tires. Now I have the Toyo Poxes II's, size 305/40/22's (so lower profile than my proxes I's) and they ride just as smooth and quieter than the Proxes I's, and seem to do better in rain/wet conditions.

For what it's worth, we run 20" bridgestone re050 potenza's on my wife's CTS and have had to replace 2 of them in less than a year.

I like the Toyo's, they are reasonably priced too. In my experiences, the bridgestone's are ridiculously over-priced for what they are...
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       05-08-2009, 5:48 AM Reply   
Mcgaughy's makes a 2/3 drop using spindles up front. no change in ride quality. the rear springs are a "tad" bouncier, but relatively stock. I have the drop on my 08 Tahoe.
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-09-2009, 7:02 AM Reply   
22" U2-55's. Flat face, deep lip, simple design.... they look great on Denali's
Old     (tntige)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-11-2009, 9:13 AM Reply   
These are not for sale but might help you as you are shopping. Ride smooth and are easy to clean.

Upload
Upload
Old     (mike2001)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-11-2009, 9:21 AM Reply   
Billy,
What are those? And how much did they cost...if you don't mind me asking. Seen them on a couple trucks now and am really starting to like them.
Old     (unclesam)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-11-2009, 9:35 AM Reply   
They are called KMC Rockstars
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-11-2009, 11:26 AM Reply   
I have a set of 22" KMC Dimes that im selling.. they are awesome.. almost brand new Sumitimo tires on them. 1200

Upload
Upload
Old     (tntige)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-11-2009, 2:05 PM Reply   
The Rockstarr's were on their when I bought it. I think you can get wheels and tires for around $2000
Old     (quick)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-11-2009, 7:35 PM Reply   
These are the rims on my Denali. They are 22" Structure alloys. I wish I would have went with 24" but I didn't want to sacrifice any ride quality.
Upload
Upload
Old     (tntige)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-12-2009, 9:09 AM Reply   
That looks really nice!