Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2007

Old     (brockwed)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-01-2007, 4:40 PM Reply   
Hey, Im looking to get a new board this season, im an advanced wakeboarder and im looking for an abrupt 3-stage because I love pop! What do you guys suggust? currently I have a 2003 or 2004 CWB Absolute. THanks for your help!
Old     (gimp990)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-01-2007, 8:48 PM Reply   
If you like your current board then get the new absolute or another CWB highend board. I personal ride the LF shane and the pop on it is insane. I havent ridded a ronix yet but from the posts about it, it has good pop to. Man any 3-stage with be good it is just your own personal preference.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-01-2007, 8:55 PM Reply   
i've been riding a marius the past year and realized a couple weeks ago that i wanted to go back to a board w/ a 3-stage rocker. i demo'd the shane 140 today. even though i got worked a bit (forgot how to ride a 3-stage board ), i loved it! the pop was huge and the landings were soft. i picked up the demo w/ the smaller cupped fins so it's a bit looser but it still has a great edge hold. overall, this board is sick!!! i want to ride it a couple more times to see if it's really what i want, but i'd definitely recommend trying this board out.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-01-2007, 8:57 PM Reply   
GB legend might have a lot of pop? kind of based on the harris?
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       04-01-2007, 9:11 PM Reply   
O'brien Cartel and the Narural!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-01-2007, 9:16 PM Reply   

quote:

By Andy Nintzel (andy_nintzel) on Sunday, April 01, 2007 - 9:11 pm:

O'brien Cartel and the Narural!

please gimme specs for the narural.

just messin' w/ you, andy!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       04-02-2007, 6:07 AM Reply   
Joe,

Well the specs are top secret, but I can tell you that it is real shiney, and has holes where you put screw in to hold you bindings, you can only put them on sideways (the Bindings) so It would be difficult to slalom ski on it. However the board is wide enough to allow you to kneeboard on it.
Old     (premierwake136)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-03-2007, 6:54 AM Reply   
the ronix one
or the murray
both tons of pop but i would get the one
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-03-2007, 7:06 AM Reply   
07 Absolute Plat. You are already use to the design, and the Plat will pop you more...
Old    DRA            04-03-2007, 7:46 AM Reply   
Try the Transcend.
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-03-2007, 9:04 AM Reply   
ronix one or LF shane! both have lots of pop!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-03-2007, 9:26 AM Reply   
I'm with Byrd, the newer Absolute board has straight vertical pop, even more than your current Absolute. Personally I love it. I have been watching video of myself riding lately & I can't believe how the board just explodes up off the wake. In my experience the Murray was not an especially poppy board, good for a continuous rocker but nowhere close to my Abso.
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       04-03-2007, 9:33 AM Reply   
I would give the new Hyperlite Imperial a go. It has a huge middle section for pop, and narrows down to a tight tip and tail for speed.

I liked the way it popped like a byerly, but it had low swingweight like a premier.

The byerly has a HUGE amount of pop, too. You might wanna check this sick stick out...
Old     (kmcginty)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-03-2007, 10:17 AM Reply   
Are you talking about the new byerly, there were a few people looking for a review from someone that rode it (myself included)
Old     (pfort)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-03-2007, 11:00 AM Reply   
I went from the HL Premier to the LF Shane this year and love the "pop" the Shane has. It rides very effortless and is easy to control in the air. I don't like that some of the aggressive 3 stage boards can buck you hard off the wake.

(Message edited by pfort on April 03, 2007)
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       04-03-2007, 11:29 AM Reply   
Butch did a good job on the byerly this year. The nose and tail have a large profile...this combined with the 3 stage rocker gives this board a "double thumbs up" as far as pop goes.

Butch also put a nice "belly" down the center, so if you do float out into the flats it has a nice soft landing.

The tracking of a byerly has not changed much over the last bunch of years, and this board rides real similar to the previous models (just without the hook look). Every cut into, or out of the wake is stable, and locked down. BUT there is a loose side to this years model, too. When you creep up to the wake for a butterslide you dont have to worry about the edge catching. This year the board does not turn down like previous byerly's.

The only negative about the board is weight. With all the surface area in the nose and tail the swingweight is noticable.

If you havent riden it yet I say give it a try.

Overall: 8.5 outa 10
Old     (gimp990)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-03-2007, 12:10 PM Reply   
I agree with Patrick, the shane is alot easier to control in the air than most 3-stages. For me it also has the most consistent pop out of all the 3-stages that i have ridden in the past.
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-03-2007, 4:56 PM Reply   
TRY THE TRANSCEND...

It will be the only rocker line you ever want to ride again....

IT POPS HUGE..... and its completely under ur control teh whole time..... That is because the rocker is centered under your foot, and when you think about it, that makes perfect sense. You never ride completly centered on teh board, so why do all boards have the rocker in the middle of the board??? I love the transcend.... DEMO it and you will love it too!!
Old     (goatroper222000)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-03-2007, 5:15 PM Reply   
I just rode my 06 transcend plat. this afternoon.... havent got the boat loaded with ballast yet so the wake was small, but it pops like CRAZY!!! the landings were so soft i could hardly feel em... you should demo it and get it or you can prolly just skip the demo step and just get it!!!
Old     (bradshnaw)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-03-2007, 10:51 PM Reply   
Slingshot Recoil 142 all the way. You'll never go back!!
Old    innov8actionsports.com            04-04-2007, 8:17 AM Reply   
I agree with the 07 CWB Transcend demo, its by far my favorite shape to date.
Old     (lknbum)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-04-2007, 10:46 AM Reply   
I rode the Ronix One a couple of weeks ago and it has good pop but felt like it was dragging and I had to work hard to make it, it felt like it was suction to the water. Also I have been reading lots of threads about CWB and here in Charlotte Lake Norman area and the place here that sells CWB has really made a bad name for themselves. Myself and many many people around this lake will not do business with him or support him so CWB is really suffering here and it really sounds like they are a great company... I would love to demo one but really don't have a way to walk in a local shop and get a demo. I'm sure you guys have had this issue before. Any suggestions???
Old     (gimp990)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-04-2007, 11:00 AM Reply   
I cant demo ither. I have just gone up to random boats at my lake just to see what they ride and ask if i can demo it for a set. They will let me but i have to be pulled behind their boat but it is also good a way to hit different wakes. At my lake everyone rides ither hyperlite or CWB. I am the only person that rides LF.
Old     (lknbum)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-04-2007, 11:11 AM Reply   
Gimp, Everyone here rides only Hyperlite, Ronix and LF because thats what the other shops sell.
Old     (gimp990)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-04-2007, 12:47 PM Reply   
Yea i guess that is how it goes. Just get what is close by. I have always just shopped online because hyperlite and CWB just doesnt suit me.
Old     (wakehappy)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-04-2007, 1:01 PM Reply   
The new Obrien Cartel is amazing, similar to the Natural but a little fast and a bit looser, with tons of pop, I'm in love!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       04-04-2007, 1:40 PM Reply   
yes, austin is tellnig the truth that board is unreal!
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       04-04-2007, 2:14 PM Reply   
Marius Plat has a LOT of pop..
Old     (lives2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-07-2007, 8:44 PM Reply   
I'm sold....I'm picking up a Shane. I'm coming off of a LF Balance 140
Old     (twitch)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-07-2007, 11:47 PM Reply   
so how would the absolute compare to the Player???
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-08-2007, 6:46 AM Reply   
Justin,

I just went from the Balance 139 to a Shane 140. You will LOVE the Shane. It's still in the same family as the Balance, but a little looser when flat, a ton better pop, and much softer landings. But, if you're used to the speed and edge hold of the Balance you will get the same out of the Shane. It's a great board!
Old     (papa_d)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-09-2007, 4:44 AM Reply   
I got a Shane Limited last year ,good stick! but I like my Byerly boards better ( thats just me )You want be sad you got the Shane, I think ! Papa D