Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 18, 2006

Old     (jakoerber)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-14-2006, 6:10 PM Reply   
I just bought the Jet Pilot A-10 attack comp vest. It was only 74 dollars and i was in need of new vest so i couldnt pass it up. Was this a good investment. I know some of the problems with like the life vest like this i have used is rash. just thoughts on this
Old     (_jason_)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-14-2006, 7:40 PM Reply   
I have the JetPilot "stance" model. I dont know if they have the same problems.. but, ive had some stiching come loose on the shoulder.. other than that its been a great vest. cant complain at all. seems like you got a great deal as well.
Old     (tanner)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-14-2006, 9:07 PM Reply   
Mine's lasted quite a while w/ no problems, but be warned.... IT WILL NOT FLOAT YOU. Your gonna be drinking lots of water w/ this vest. If you lay flat on your back, it will keep you up. Otherwise, your head will be just below the water surface if you rely on just the vest to keep you up. But is really comfortable at least
Old     (leblanc1)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-17-2006, 3:53 PM Reply   
I second Tanner's input on laying out flat. I'm only 165lbs and I float at about chin level but if I lay out, it's all good. It's one hell of a comfortable vest and looks good too.
Old    murrayair            05-17-2006, 6:08 PM Reply   
Mine held up pretty well last season, but this season I might switch to something with a little more buoyancy and padding. The A-10 isn't a bad vest, I just kind of wanted to try something new. For 74 bucks you got a good deal.
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-23-2006, 1:34 PM Reply   
I had the stance and loved and some how it flew out of my boat so I bought an A-10 I cant stand it the belt is not sowed in and it sticks up on my neck. Im going back to the stance and as far as bouyancy im good.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-23-2006, 2:07 PM Reply   
Has anyone tried the Falcon? I tried it on at the shop, and it was very comfortable. Looks like it would have more floatation that the A-10.