Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (paulieb)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-26-2010, 6:44 PM Reply   
July 26 2010

My 2009 Ronix One board broke today I ride regular so it broke near the front foot, so I am out of a board for awhile.
I know there has been hundreds of thread's on here about whats a good board and blah blah blah.
Well Ive been riding a ronix one since they have came out, there good boards but the only problem i have with them is they land HARD, no easy ride out on any trick.
So I'm thinking about going back to a Ronix 1 just because Ive been riding it for so long that I'm use to the feel of the board when it rides in the water.
So I have a few questions 1. Do you believe it is time to switch it up go to a different company if so who would be close to Ronix. 2. I was thinking about waiting till i go to the next surf expo to get the 2011 line up not saying what company just saying get the 2011 instead of the 2010 cause it's only a couple months away.
Now with all the videos that ronix put up and wasted there money on, i haven't seen much difference between my 09 and the 2010. So I don't think there is going to be much difference in the 2011 even thow ronix is going to try to advertise the **** out of it. I guess it's just business.

So what do you think should i go out and get the 2010 Ronix one or wait to see what they bring out in 2011 even thow there probably wont be much differnce in the board. Or go to a different company. But what's a good company out there again ive been riding ronicx for 4 years so i need something like what there bringing out or i guess i can always go with something different.,

Now I don't want anybody posting comments on here that works for any board company I dont want to hear your sale's pitch it just makes me made because all you guys care about is selling boards and lots of them which i respect that. But I want to hear from people that go out there and ride them and have a real say so about the board and not saying that its good just to sell it or make money.

So lots of comments are helpful for me please thank you very much and ride hard its been a great summer to get out on the water but safety first
Old     (paulieb)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-26-2010, 6:48 PM Reply   
Sorry for the spelling... was typing fast because my computer is about to die.
Old     (toesideturtle)      Join Date: Oct 2002       07-26-2010, 7:27 PM Reply   
I'm 43 and soft landings are the key to my longevity in this sport. I ride a CWB Transcend 142 because of it's ride characteristics and soft landings. Now would be a good time for you to try something new--why would you keep riding a board that you are not completely satisfied with? Change is a good thing. Demo, demo, demo until you find the board for you.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-26-2010, 7:40 PM Reply   
i agree with chuck demo one and see what you like. i had a transcend it had good pop,but i wasn't consistent on my tricks. so i tried a marius,for me it works better. but only you will know what works for you. as far as durability i've seen threads for just about every company about broken boards. i've never broken one and i,ve owned 4 different brands and nine different boards.maybe it's time for something new. i would still see what the new ONE is like just so you don't second guess your decision.GOOD LUCK.
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-26-2010, 7:40 PM Reply   
Sounds like a common problem with this board. there is a discussion going on over on tigeowners.com about it too. One guy has gone through two of them this year already. Be intersting to see how may guys have them breaking on them from this site.
Old    dperizzolo            07-26-2010, 7:51 PM Reply   
Apparently they are having a lot of problems with the 2010 ronix boards. I have heard that they arent very hard to break. Maybe wait a year before getting a new ronix.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-26-2010, 8:44 PM Reply   
My 09 Viva is a tank. Some of the big crashes and hard landings i've taken on that thing and it's still rocking!
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-26-2010, 8:45 PM Reply   
Ronix Phoenix could be an interesting addition to the line as well.
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       07-27-2010, 3:44 AM Reply   
If your looking for a new board send me a pm. I ahve a marek bio 141 if youre interested.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-27-2010, 7:18 AM Reply   
switch over to Liquid Force
Old     (bouvs)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-27-2010, 7:25 AM Reply   
i hear there is a problem with the inserts for the bindings on this year's one. I know a guy who has broken over 20 of these boards this year already. Needless to say, he is riding a Marek now.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-27-2010, 7:32 AM Reply   
ALL boards break. I've broken tons of Liquid Forces, Obriens, Ronix's, Hyperlites, and Sling Shot boards. Although, I talked with Randall Harris yesterday, and it sounds like the Company boards are pretty dang strong. He said that he has never broken his Vandall Company board yet.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-27-2010, 7:35 AM Reply   
^Yeah, but Vandall's boards have pieces of Chuck Norris' flesh inside.
Old     (timmo)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-27-2010, 8:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
^Yeah, but Vandall's boards have pieces of Chuck Norris' flesh inside.
And he part owns the company, so he ain't gonna tell you they're duff boards!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-27-2010, 9:22 AM Reply   
Like Jay said, all boards break. The key is riding a brand that will have you back on the water the next day. Walk into a shop with a broken board, walk out with a new one. CWB supports this locally. CWB takes care of the shop, so the shop takes care of us.

Like Chuck, I love the CWB Transcend. It does everything well.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-27-2010, 2:57 PM Reply   
I'd check out the LF S4. I had a friend who was riding a One for a long long time and then he switched over to that board during the summer, and as far as I know loves it.
Old     (paulieb)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-27-2010, 6:55 PM Reply   
Thank you everybody for the comments, I'm hoping to demo the CWB Transcend and the new Watson from Liquid Force. Like the guy said up there everybody has there own style and feel of riding, you just gotta know what you like. Its just so hard with so many boards out there, as you all know. maybe by the time i'm done which is when im dead, ill know what board i like the best lol. until then i just gotta go with the flow. Again thank you everyone for the different and interesting comments from all of you.