Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 29, 2010

Old     (kcrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       12-08-2009, 10:08 AM Reply   
I'm just looking to see if there are any boarders in Manhattan KS. I'm moving there, in a few months. I'm going to have to drive 1.5 hours to get to the cable instead of 20mins. Still not that far just really liked having the cable in my back yard. I'm also going to need to hitch a ride with someone with a boat since I can't buy one till summer of 11 or 12. I do pay for gas, I just want to ride.
Old     (dwspring)      Join Date: Mar 2005       12-08-2009, 10:35 AM Reply   
Don't move.
How's the knee? Hopefully better than the last time I saw you.
Old     (matt_ostmeyer)      Join Date: Mar 2003       12-08-2009, 10:43 AM Reply   
The purple pussy cats used to have a wakeboard team... not sure if it is still going on.
Old     (kcrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       12-08-2009, 11:47 AM Reply   
Got to move. Karyn got a good job there and since we have a baby on the way her mom can do all the daycare duties FOR FREE. Can't pass that up. I'm getting surgery on Thursday. So out for six months. That sucks because I really wanted to get some snowboarding in this winter. Oh well. Matt, please tell me you're not a gayhawk fan
Old     (macanudo247)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-14-2009, 12:32 PM Reply   
Hey, im in Lawrence, I have a place to ride and a boat just outside of Emporia.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       12-14-2009, 3:38 PM Reply   
When I was out there some people were starting to wakeboard more often. I think there is still a club at K-State. Tuttle can be pretty nasty, though we had some really good nights out there. I would probably just go out to the Marina ramp with a case of beer on a warm evening and wait for the nicest wakeboard boat to show up and ask if you could be a third. Most K-Staters are good midwestern people and will always give a pull for a beer!!!
Old     (tj_in_kc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       12-14-2009, 10:13 PM Reply   
lol, i was gonna offer you a ride, but not after that...
Old     (matt_ostmeyer)      Join Date: Mar 2003       12-15-2009, 8:44 AM Reply   
BEAK EM HAWKS!

Yeah we really don't have weapons like teeth and claws... but at least we had Clinton and Perry lakes in Lawrence! Listen to Nick's advice and take advantage of the non-windy days on Tuttle.

What's up Nick? Are you living on that lake in your profile?
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-19-2009, 9:49 PM Reply   
I think there's someone running around on that lake with a Nautique 211. I'll call one of my friends to see if he still has the guy's info. I haven't ridden tuttle in a long time, but rode there all the time as I went to KSU 00 to 05. It can be a bit windy out there, but if it's a straight south wind you're protected by the dam, and also a good stretch of shore with high cliffs.

Good thing is it's never that crowded out there.
Old     (kcrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       12-20-2009, 3:49 PM Reply   
True Matt, True.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       12-21-2009, 7:53 AM Reply   
Do they still have the rowing team out on Tuttle? Man we used to piss them off!