Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (blatantblunts)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-04-2011, 11:34 AM Reply   
so i just picked up a new Marius 134, and am halfway done with building a Kicker for next weekend. My question is, should I use my new Marius off the kicker, or should i just use my old Hyerlite? I'm pretty much convinced that I want to use the old hyperlite, because I don't care if that thing gets beat up, but my friend keeps insisting that we should take the Marius off the kicker because it won't get damaged and then I'll be learning new tricks on the board that I'll be using behind the boat.

any thoughts?
Old     (ColoRadDude)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-04-2011, 1:51 PM Reply   
Whats the kicker made of? Either way I would use your old board, it will most likely get beat up.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       07-04-2011, 3:25 PM Reply   
A kicker isnt much different from a rail. You're less likely to catch sides, but screw heads do pop up, and sliding over something other than water will scratch up your board. Personally I'd ride the old one.
Old     (Kane)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-05-2011, 12:49 AM Reply   
Use your old board.

Different boards seem to be affected to different degrees, my 08 Lyman was in bad shape after 4 days at a cable park, I had to use resin to rebuild the fins. Next time I took my old CWB and 06 Pure and after 4 days it just had a slight white patch down the centre spine, it held up to much much more abuse than my Liquid Force.
Old     (blatantblunts)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-05-2011, 8:16 AM Reply   
thanks, just showed my friend this thread, we'll be using my old hyperlite. my cwb just looks too shiny to get beat up so soon