Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 22, 2008

Old     (jcush313)      Join Date: Jun 2008       09-16-2008, 6:36 AM Reply   
I thought this was supposed to be after expo? is there any information or video on it? Sounded pretty sick!
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-16-2008, 6:56 AM Reply   
Upload

Phone pic...

(Message edited by behindtheboat on September 16, 2008)
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-16-2008, 7:02 AM Reply   
I hear Kyle Alberts Back side 360'd over it. Would love to see the video
Old     (aubuchon03)      Join Date: May 2007       09-16-2008, 7:17 AM Reply   
Crazy - Kyle not only jumped it - but did it 3x with a final backside 3 over it.
Old     (jcush313)      Join Date: Jun 2008       09-16-2008, 7:28 AM Reply   
That is crazy talk! ive ridden doubles with the kids a few times and im 6'5... lets just say he goes large everytime!
Old     (wvboard)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-16-2008, 7:36 AM Reply   
Yep third time was a backside 3.

Upload
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-16-2008, 7:40 AM Reply   
For those that were there, is this the direction exhibitions should go? Was this a good event in your mind?
Old     (wvboard)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-16-2008, 7:47 AM Reply   
It sucked in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I had fun but, they kept prolonging it and I was right up front and half the people around me didn't even realize that the first jump had taken place. And, you shouldn't try to cram an event that you know is going to draw a huge crowd into a little ally way like wall street plaza.
Old     (aubuchon03)      Join Date: May 2007       09-16-2008, 8:26 AM Reply   
Beers and wakeboarding - great.

You could walk right or left to grab a beer - hang out with a crowd of Pro-riders standing next to you. All the while either watching a video of a new TV wakeboard show, listen to Dan-O talk it up, rock out to multi-grammy award winning dj tearing it up with KILLER beats that everyone around you were dancing too, or witness a record go down in Winch- wakeboarding.

I cant complain; drinks with Shane, laughs with Melissa, and stories with Andrew all while I waited.
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-16-2008, 8:50 AM Reply   
I have been to these exhibitions in the past and I have to say that this one is on the bottom of the list, like Mike has stated above, they really just prolonged the whole thing and then to only have one person hit it just a few times was really disappointing.Last year was a good one for sure. There were multiple riders hitting a rail and kicker and there was no real format just the guys hitting the kicker entertaining the crowd. I should clarify also that I am not complaining at all...it's always fun, but just my .02

Congrats to Kyle Alberts on making the attempts. It was a steep kicker with little time to prepare for takeoff and he killed it.

(Message edited by cbk on September 16, 2008)
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-16-2008, 9:19 AM Reply   
Here it is on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_1Iy4Iqvxo
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       09-16-2008, 9:20 AM Reply   
This was one of the funnest (not a word, but should be) land events I've ever been to even with only about 20 minutes of actual wakeboarding!!

The area they hold it in is perfect. It's a block of bars downtown with an alley at the end, so it can accommodate a ton of people and there is plenty to do even without the wakeboarding event. You only have to show ID to get into the block, so you are free to wander outside and from bar to bar with drinks in hand if you so desire. Plus, they only check ID one time. Unfortunately, that was one time too many for Kaesen as he lost his fake ID only two weeks before his 21st birthday!

I said this last year and I'll say it again, the combination of a DJ (this year it was Grammy-winning Rockwilder) and an incredible drummer just mercilessly pounding on the skins makes for the coolest music I've ever heard!

The place was stacked with pro riders, many of whom were up on the stage gettin' jiggy the entire night. I know that we've got some great pics of the craziness!

It was great to meet Kyle Alberts and watch him get psyched up to do the jump. He's a super cool guy and knows how to work up the crowd. I was impressed with how he thanked everybody after he was the one that put his butt on the line. He did three jumps and the last one was a grabbed three, which was pretty damn impressive!

Thanks to Step Up Productions for putting this together, Kyle for tearing it up and Arun for taking the pics!

Here's a video of Kyle's last jump: http://wakeworld.com/Galleries/GetImage.asp?GalleryID=600&ImageID=36

Kyle and Step Up's Kevin Little...
Upload
Old     (jcush313)      Join Date: Jun 2008       09-16-2008, 9:26 AM Reply   
shreddin like usual!!
Old     (shawnk)      Join Date: Jan 2005       09-16-2008, 9:32 AM Reply   
Nice bro! Keep up the good work!
Old     (spencerwakeside)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-16-2008, 9:49 AM Reply   
Look who I found at the party.
Upload
Upload
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       09-16-2008, 9:57 AM Reply   
Yet somehow Kaesen always seems to land on his feet!
Old     (kaesen)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-16-2008, 10:00 AM Reply   
now what is that suppose to mean? haha
Old     (spencerwakeside)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-16-2008, 10:00 AM Reply   
Crazy night.
Old     (cwbrider1)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-16-2008, 10:15 AM Reply   
Kaesen, looks like it worked out O.K for you, and Jullian!
Old     (kaesen)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-16-2008, 10:27 AM Reply   
larry,
its defenetly a toss up but i think that night took the cake out of all the expo nights. hahaha
Old     (eas)      Join Date: Nov 2001       09-16-2008, 11:59 AM Reply   
"...the last one was a grabbed three, which was pretty damn impressive!"

and backside at that.....sick!!!