Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old     (leewilson)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-28-2006, 8:58 AM Reply   
Has anyone had major work performed by Liquid Wrenches? I know they are not part of Ski World anymore and are unable to perform any warranty work.

Found water in my oil and low compression on cylinder 2. Will need to have at least the top head removed and machined and see if it is only a blown head gasket. May involve taking the whole engine out if the problem is the bottom end. I will also have them replace the risers and exhaust manifolds. I have been wakeboarding in salt water the last 3 years, over 400 hours and have been told they should be changed and since they have it off already, why not. Another $600... This total may be over $2,000...

Want any opinions you guys may have or another shop you recommend, this is some major work and I have heard horror stories about shops not doing the right work. Don't want to be one of those horror stories. How is their pricing as well.

thx
Old     (erik_c)      Join Date: Jan 2005       02-28-2006, 9:57 AM Reply   
Did you buy the boat from Ski World? If so they have a new service center just down the road from Liquid and if you are familiar with ski worlds service you will reconize Udi he runs the new service center.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-28-2006, 10:03 AM Reply   
Wilson, personally I would check out some smaller operations like Boat Masters.

The new Skiworld / Copes facilty is up to their a-holes in work with more than a hundred boats, and a they currently have a shortage of technicians. As much as I would like to recommend them (Udi especially), your boat could be there for a year.
Old     (leewilson)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-28-2006, 10:31 AM Reply   
Bought boat at Cope but haven't had good experience with both Cope or Ski World in Pleasanton. Udi is a great guy but he has too many boats to manage. Liquid said they can take my boat in this Friday and I can have it back in 2 weeks, of course depending what they find. thx
Old     (erik_c)      Join Date: Jan 2005       02-28-2006, 10:40 AM Reply   
Well like J-rod said try boat masters or Liquid there reputation is as good as any repair shop but the priceing might be more freindly at boat masters becuase they are less attached to the dealer mentality.
Old     (gizel)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-28-2006, 10:41 AM Reply   
I have had the best experiences with Licquid wrenchs. They have always done a great job and deliver more than they promise. Jason keeps you informed of whats going on with your boat and they shop is always well kept. I bought my boat at Ski World and have dealt with Udi, Great guy and knows his stuff, but I have refered friends with other boats to Licquid and they have been super happy with the work done as I have. If they can get it in then I would go for it.
Old     (migitty)      Join Date: Aug 2001       02-28-2006, 10:53 AM Reply   
I have always been very impressed with their work. They did a massive gel-coat job for me a few years back that looks as good as new.

I'm trying Cope for the first time tomorrow. Only becuase it is closer to where I live and Liquid cannot do the job I need done (tower welds).
Old    time4wake            02-28-2006, 1:05 PM Reply   
MIGITTY- just curios whats up with your tower welds?

Sorry for the hi-jack
Old     (migitty)      Join Date: Aug 2001       02-28-2006, 1:30 PM Reply   
Thomas, it's a common problem for my tower. Two of the welds starting cracking a year or so ago. In fact, I took it in to get it fixed but the welder for Liquid Wrenches broke his welder and they were unable to do the repair. I called them a week ago and they still haven't found a replacement welder so off to Cope I go. I am a tad bit worried that I might have waited too long because the cracks now go into the tubing itself. We'll see. If you want, I can post a picture that shows the location of the cracks. I got lazy (actually embriolied in some deep doo-doo the last few years) and just put hose clamps over the cracks.
Old     (loux2)      Join Date: May 2004       02-28-2006, 3:26 PM Reply   
I just had a 100 hour service performed at Liquid Wrenches. Droped my X2 off on Monday and picked it up on Wednesday. I also like Jason. He is great at calling you and telling you what is going on. The former co-owner of Ski World "Scott" still has ownership of Liquid wrenches. I purchased my boat from him and Tony and had a great experience. I believe Scott will keep the same high standards going forward. I hope the Cope deal does not eat into thier market share too much.