Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-06-2012, 9:10 PM Reply   
How far does it extend below the bottom the boat? Anyone have a tape and boat nearby? Or know the exact #?
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-06-2012, 9:34 PM Reply   
on my 04 avy its 7in, but its a pretty deep V. Doesn’t cause a drag at all
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-07-2012, 4:50 AM Reply   
On my 08 SAN 210 it's about 6". Love the FAE!
Old     (monkey_butt)      Join Date: Sep 2011 Location: Twin Cities       08-07-2012, 6:46 AM Reply   
properly installed the lowest point/tip of the FAE would be 1.5 to 2.0" above the center of the prop
Old     (axeman)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-07-2012, 10:33 AM Reply   
Don't mean to hijack this thread but I've always wondered about the FAE. If it just points down what difference does it make when sitting at idle with the engine on sitting on the swim platform?
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-07-2012, 11:00 AM Reply   
At idle not moving it doesent do anything different, its when youre moving you notice. I hav one on my centurion, and and made my own, just cirious if i have the correct depth from below the boat
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-07-2012, 11:04 AM Reply   
Even at idle it seems to make a diff to me. And aside from the smell the noise from the engine exhaust is reduced considerably! Even if it didn't reduce the fumes I would want it just for the reduction in noise alone. Great product and work every penny.
Old     (kevin)      Join Date: Feb 2010       08-07-2012, 11:40 AM Reply   
I had a question related to this. I'm more concerned with the noise, does a turndown exhaust help with the noise while at speed? And with a turndown exhaust do you need the exhaust flaps or do you have to worry about that? Just wondering, sorry it's a little off topic but I didn't see the need to start a new thread.
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-07-2012, 11:43 AM Reply   
I have turn downs in my mb, they help, but fae is awesome
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-07-2012, 11:49 AM Reply   
Exhaust flaps not needed, and at 22 mph people can actually talk on the boat without yelling, and if your surfing you can talk to the rider! Best money I've pent! It also is a great stereo upgrade!
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-07-2012, 12:14 PM Reply   
From my understanding, the FAE is suppose to be within and 1.5 inches of the center of your prop. So how far it extends down for the bottom of the boat is specific to each brand of boat.
Old     (johnboyy7)      Join Date: Apr 2011       08-10-2012, 11:00 AM Reply   
contact FAE. I believe his name is larry. he is very helpful. it might actually be on the website.

FAE. is fantastic. makes the ride so quiet. super helpfully when teaching people how to board or surf. i can talk to surfer from drivers seat without screaming.

i wish all mastercraft had them standard........ man their boats are loud.
Old     (camassanger)      Join Date: Oct 2009       08-10-2012, 1:15 PM Reply   
I'll throw in here too. FAE is awesome. We surf mostly, and the fumes are totally gone. The loud V8 is totally quited down so you can talk to the surfer and actually the in-boat speakers are adequate for surfing music.

You're right, there is very little different when in neutral. The major difference is when you start moving.

I seriously think the FAE is probably the best upgrade (among many) that I've done to my boat.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       08-21-2012, 9:58 AM Reply   
On my Sanger
Attached Images

Old     (camassanger)      Join Date: Oct 2009       08-21-2012, 10:13 AM Reply   
Here's mine. Only diff I see with Art's is that I have the supports mounted to the wake plate rather than the swim step. Function should be identical.
Attached Images

Old     (monkey_butt)      Join Date: Sep 2011 Location: Twin Cities       08-22-2012, 6:34 PM Reply   
And for Larry's latest option ... Quick release mount if you need to take swim
platform off etc.
And what others have already said - I don't need to be the loudest boat on the lake except if it's my tunes
Old     (monkey_butt)      Join Date: Sep 2011 Location: Twin Cities       08-23-2012, 4:14 AM Reply   
ok - let's try this one more time but with pictures ;-)
Attached Images