Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old    RidinDirty            06-02-2010, 12:44 PM Reply   
I have to replace the center ballast bag on my 2001 xstar. There was a crack in the connector elbow for the bag and the hose. While taking the bag out I noticed that there are three connections, which I assume are the intake, drainage, and overflow. I was looking at the fly high center sacs as a replacement, but I could not tell if they come with the three connections.

Will I have to modify the flyhigh bag in some way or should it fit right in to the existing system?
Old     (dave27)      Join Date: May 2005       06-03-2010, 7:58 AM Reply   
Call wakemakers, they are helpful and that is what they do for a liviing.
Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-03-2010, 12:25 PM Reply   
If it's stock, the center bag drains and fills from the same hole. It has two overflow/vent holes. Not sure why. I replaced my KGB and just used one overflow/vent line. No difference in performance. I'll try to find the bag I used. Did a lot of searching around for the best size to get the most out of that space. I think I found a good fit for like $75 on sale. I'll do some checking.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-03-2010, 2:07 PM Reply   
Dan,

I have to run and can't find it right now, but I had the same elbow connector crack that you did and managed to get it fixed so it doesn't leak a drop. The trick is to cut the elbow out with a razor blade and replace it with a plastic thru-hull fitting using 3M Marine adhesive. Much easier and less costly than buying a whole new sack. Mine's been water-tight for a year now. Later today, I'll find the thread & post up.

Last edited by ottog1979; 06-03-2010 at 2:07 PM. Reason: add
Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-03-2010, 2:10 PM Reply   
Here is the one I used. Fits really good too.
http://www.amazon.com/Straight-Line-.../dp/B001IYHH3A
Old    RidinDirty            06-04-2010, 2:40 AM Reply   
thanks for the help guys. Andy, that would be great if you could post the link to that thread.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-06-2010, 1:37 PM Reply   
Sorry for the delay. Here it is:
The problem: http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=717486
The solution: http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=723963

Just for fun, I'll post a few more pics of the water test. I don't have any pictures of it, but I did one more step after this. I cut off the thru-hull and then threaded an albow that I bought at Home Depot so that the new fitting was closer to the old one. All & all, a piece of cake. Hope this helps!
Attached Images