Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (c640947)      Join Date: Jan 2005       07-22-2013, 12:33 PM Reply   
I have an 06 X2 and have finally decided it is time to upgrade. I have been a mastercraft owner for almost 25 years and planned to upgrade to the new xstar. Went to the winter boat show and actually liked the G23 better. I have 3 kids now and the xstar felt small inside. I still wakeboard and like the biggest wake I can get but the rest of the family also enjoys hanging out, swimming and surfing and I have not heard good things about xstar surf wake. So now they come out with this X46 and (if the wake is like the xstar - i will demo in two weeks) it seems like that fits the bill more for me. Def going to test it and G23 but I am concerned about the weight since MC doesnt put much factory ballast in there. Those back gunnels in the X46 look tiny and since its such a big boat I dont know where you'd put the extra rear sacs? Looks like it will barely hold 400s and that isnt enough for a boat of that size. I am not going to upgrade to a 100k+ boat and have to manually fill sacs. F that noise. I at least need to be able to plumb everything in.

Also I assume since the newer MCs are built for extra ballast the timers arent an issue?

Anyone had any experience with this thing yet or give me any things to consider? Comments / advice?

Thanks in advance.
Attached Images