Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2005

Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-09-2005, 4:27 AM Reply   
I was sitting here at work, watching TV, and saw that commercial for the Spyder company. The spyder company is a stock-market broker for Fortune 500 companies, or something of that sort, anyways that is beside the point. The spider gets on a scale, and weighs 500 pounds even. The first thing I thought was, MAN, that'd be some SWEET ballast!
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-09-2005, 8:49 AM Reply   
Sitting @ work watching TV? lunch break? (Edit: spelled lunch wrong) hehe

Spyder is an ETF (exchange traded fund) on the Stock market, it's ticker symbol is SPY, and it tracks the S&P 500 large capitalization index, hence the 500lbs.

but yes you do have a one track mind..i have a one track mind also, but it's not concerning ballast, well maybe female ballast!!!

(Message edited by newmy79 on August 09, 2005)
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       08-09-2005, 10:49 AM Reply   
so youre saying the bigger the better?! well, if they're just ballast....
Old     (gypsy12)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-09-2005, 11:39 AM Reply   
That's awesome Cody. Your mind is on the right track. ;-)

Sometimes after a day on the water, when I'm driving home, it's hard not to imagine that my truck is my board, and as I sail over bumps & turns, I'm wanting to carve & jump...

There should be a York Peppermint patty commercial with a wakeboarder on it. "When I bite into a York Peppermint Patty, I get the sensation..."

Am I taking this too far?
Old    trout            08-09-2005, 11:52 AM Reply   
"Sometimes after a day on the water, when I'm driving home, it's hard not to imagine that my truck is my board, and as I sail over bumps & turns, I'm wanting to carve & jump... "

DO it! Do it! jump it! Yeeee-hawwwww.

Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-09-2005, 4:30 PM Reply   
Haha, i've had that feeling before. As soon as ya get in your tow vehicle, ya feel like things should be different. It doesn't feel quite right. :-)

And yes, I am at work watching TV! Cause I have the easiest job ever :P

(Message edited by loudontn on August 09, 2005)