Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (bruce)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-06-2010, 12:06 PM Reply   
My kids want to watch National Lampoons European Vacation and it has two nudity scenes. Who would have thunk it?

Is it possible to edit the DVD and make it family friendly?
Old     (pucktowake)      Join Date: May 2007       06-06-2010, 4:08 PM Reply   
You could some how rip the dvd to your computer then use any movie editing software and just cut it and take it out then put it back on a blank dvd. You might have to compress it though to get it on a blank dvd. Maybe just find a different move
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-06-2010, 7:40 PM Reply   
There were two nudity scenes in that movie?
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-07-2010, 8:16 AM Reply   
A serious pain in the but to do. You would have to use a ripping software, than a movie editor, than a dvd burner software.

Check Amazon. Lots of times they have the classic movies that have been edited in different methods (like switching from PG-13 to pG).
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-07-2010, 8:19 AM Reply   
Hey Bruce, How old are your kids?

Note: i don't want to turn this into a debate over what is appropiate for who as I think that is at the parents discretions, I am just curious as to your personal situation...
Old     (bruce)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-07-2010, 10:56 AM Reply   
Thanks for the ideas. I'm not a techno wizard but I've often wondered what it would take. Many times a movie has a couple of scenes that could be deleted that wouldn't change the plot at all, and most anyone could watch.

My boys are 10 and 12.
Old     (Sly_Park_Mark)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-07-2010, 11:14 AM Reply   
If you don't know much about video ripping/editing/burning software, it would be much easier to just make them wait a few years until you think they're old enough.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-07-2010, 4:11 PM Reply   
Let 'em see boobies... Ha, ha, ha.

Usually you can find editted versions available. Seems like too much trouble to do it yourself.