Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (mhetheridge)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-20-2009, 6:59 PM Reply   
Have the opportunity to sale my 05' Enzo. I live on Saltwater but trailer my boat about 30 minutes north to a river were we ride. Anyway, I thinking of going with either a SS Series X80 which I've ridden behind and love the surf wake (especially the dark side) or a SS Mastercraft CSX 22 or 26 foot one. Just can't really find anything on the surf wake of the csx series boats. I like the CSX center console because we live on the bay and we can fish out of this boat too and it be a little more family oriented for our geographic region than the my enzo and even the x80. Any opinions?
Old     (steedracer)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-22-2009, 12:15 PM Reply   
Matt, I am a fellow Enzo owner, mid 40's and novice in skill. However, I have boarded (not surfed) behind the CSX 22 and it has a really good wakeboard wake (narrower table than the Enzo). Most have been impressed that have ridden behind it. Wish I had tried to surf behind it. Hope that helps, and of course, we'd hate to lose you from the Enzo family, but the CSX makes for a great coastal boat.
Old     (mhetheridge)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-22-2009, 8:07 PM Reply   
Thanks. I like the Enzo. I just want something a little bigger. I really want a project boat that we can "test" the waters with. Also, something I can keep in the water too. I'd like to have something like what that guy "dentard" was building a couple of years ago. All my friends surf. We all want a wake that we can "surf" that's bigger than thigh high. I was out on the beach today and saw one of the parasail boats with a huge deep v hull. It looked like it would be perfect but it's an i/o. I'd like to go out on that boat just to get them to let me see the wake. Anyway, thanks.
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       03-22-2009, 8:13 PM Reply   
get out there for a test drive and bring some sacs and a board.. try it out!
Old     (vfalco)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-22-2009, 10:04 PM Reply   
Matt, we had a CSX 22 for a summer.
The surf wake was pretty good. It's not going to compare to the Enzo at all, but it will make a better than average wake on both side.
It took quite a bit of weight to make it work, but there's plenty of space on the floor in that boat for it.
I'll see if I can find some pics of the wake.
Old     (vfalco)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-23-2009, 9:08 AM Reply   
Don't have any pics anymore.
Sorry.