Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (jhgsupra)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-14-2007, 2:26 PM Reply   
Anyone out there go the route of recovering their platform with material from HydroTurf? I've had it with the black smudges all over my interior from the platform's original covering. For those of you in-the-know, will one sheet of HydroTurf be enough to cover the platform (same 3-piece pattern as the original) and will I need adhesive or does the adhesive backing work good enough?

Thanks,
Old    K.B.C.            08-14-2007, 2:34 PM Reply   
The adhesive backing should be enough. I would think one sheet will be plenty large enough for a swim platform. The sheets are pretty large, not sure on the specifics but it probably says on the website. I used it on my gunnels and trailer not on my platform
Old     (vfrdude)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-14-2007, 3:07 PM Reply   
The 3M adhesive backing works great. One sheet will be enough, but you'll have to stagger the three pieces to get them to fit on on sheet, so the pattern will not match going across the platform:
Upload
This is on my 2001 Outback LS, and it's a huge improvement over the old thin grey material.
Old     (jhgsupra)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-14-2007, 3:22 PM Reply   
Rudy,

Are the right and left sections mirror images of one another because it doesn't look that way in the picture you provided. I'm good with the pattern not being the same all the way across however I would like the covering to be symmetrical. Does that make sense? Thanks,
Old     (vfrdude)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-15-2007, 8:22 AM Reply   
They are as close to mirror images as you can get. I'll get a picture of the platform from directly above, and post it...
Old     (yooper)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-15-2007, 8:47 AM Reply   
I covered my Supra platform with Hydro-turf and it worked perfect. If you get the biggest sheet they sell, you can get the pattern going the same way on all 3 parts.
I did not get the self adhesive. I used contact cement. Put some on each surface, let it dry, then stick them together. It works GREAT.
Old     (bradenb12)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-15-2007, 9:58 AM Reply   
Post some pics Jamie
Old     (yooper)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-15-2007, 1:01 PM Reply   
I'll take a picture tonight.