Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 21, 2006

Old    xtremebordgurl            07-13-2006, 8:12 PM Reply   
Does anyone else have issues with having the inside of the boat wet all the time? I feel like its starting to smell musty and its driving me crazy cause I can't solve it. I've been taking all the wet stuff out and today I finally bought a wet/dry vac to try and suck up some of the water, but the carpet is still wet! What am I doing wrong? I haven't heard of anyone else with this probelm, any ideas?
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       07-13-2006, 8:36 PM Reply   
I know that if you do not use your boat and store it in a nice dry place it won't get wet

If you store it at your house, in your garage, mount a ceiling fan above it to move the air over it, and it will dry in no time. That would be with the cover off. If outside there are other methods.
Old     (dkjbama92mariah)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-13-2006, 11:02 PM Reply   
Just leave the cover off for a day in the sun and it should dry out. You might want to prop the engine hatch and other compartments open so the bilge and the compartments will dry out as well. If i dont prop my hatch open, the next day the engine will be covered with condensation from the humidity in the enclosed bilge.

DKJ
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-14-2006, 9:05 AM Reply   
I used to have a similar problem when I stored my boat outside with a cover. Because I was storing it at a facility, I didn't always have the option of letting it dry out completely before putting the cover on.

I made the $100 investment and bought a dehumidifier which removes the water from inside the boat. With all of my compartments open (including the engine cover) the dehumidifier would pump out an amazing amount of water. The dehumidifier would then automatically shut off once the moisture levels lowered to the normal humidity.

Getting the water out of your boat will dramatically improve the life of your carpets, electronic components, etc. It is a good investment.
Old    xtremebordgurl            07-14-2006, 6:44 PM Reply   
The tuff part is that we keep it in the water at a marina... Jason is that a battery powered dehumidifier?