Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old    sonicr1            07-20-2004, 6:55 AM Reply   
ripped off?

I just got mine ripped off... can't say I prevented it much. I park my boat on the side of my house with the cover on it. I guess I have been lucky, two years and this is the first time.

Anyhoo, just wondering, for those who have to leave their boats outside, what works for you?
Old    six            07-20-2004, 9:45 AM Reply   
12 gage shotgun and a rep of using it.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       07-20-2004, 10:24 AM Reply   
Do you have a security light? I have also seen alarms that you put in your boat that detect motion. They are cheap looking things, but if they work....I don't remember where I saw them though. Maybe someone else on here knows.
Old     (wakemonster)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-20-2004, 10:31 AM Reply   
what works for me? Put up an 6 foot iron gate, with a locking latch to keep your boat behind, and get yourself a nice big 130lb. Rottwieller for your yard, this "man's best friend" keeps the bad guys/punks/"kids with nothing better to do" out of your yard. Believe me, it works very well.
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-20-2004, 12:13 PM Reply   
I find that if you shoot a couple kids in the neighborhood that the word gets out and they stay away from your house altogether!!!

Just kidding eveyrone! :-)
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-20-2004, 12:21 PM Reply   
or get indoor storage
Old     (evil_e)      Join Date: May 2004       07-20-2004, 12:34 PM Reply   
What about those of us who keep out boats on the water...gate or indoor storage does nothing for me.
Old     (shredhead)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-20-2004, 12:44 PM Reply   
I have a bright light above my shore station. So far no problems.
Old     (kimmy)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-20-2004, 1:30 PM Reply   
Well it has already been said above, but a security light and a big dog would be your best bet.
Old     (michale)      Join Date: May 2004       07-20-2004, 2:17 PM Reply   
try this

any one of the alarms on this page

http://www.directed.com/security/python/pyth_responder.asp

also use this invisibeam sensor.the alarm chirps when anyone gets near the boat and the alarm sounds when anyone reaches in or trys to get in.
i paid $180.00 for the whole set up.it works great.even chirps when the dog walks by the boat.for a few more bucks you can get the attachment that pages you.m.

http://www.directed.com/security/access/sensor.asp

Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-20-2004, 2:19 PM Reply   
David,
I kept mine on the water until last year when everything got ripped off... Now i keep it indoors.. I had friends who put lights and camera's on their docks or alarms in their boats... thats worked for them so far..
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-20-2004, 2:45 PM Reply   
Put one of those lights that automatically comes on when it senses motion on the side of your house. And get a stereo that has a removable faceplate so it isn't worth stealing.
Old    six            07-21-2004, 12:42 AM Reply   
take the lightbulbs out of a motion sensor light and run some wire from the light and attach it to a strobe light that is in your room or whatever.When the sensor senses,the strobe light goes on in your room so the thief does not know that the owner is about to crack a bat over his mellon.OUCH!!!!!!!
Old     (flashalexb)      Join Date: May 2004       07-21-2004, 8:14 AM Reply   
remove the faceplate.