Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    surfdad            12-22-2006, 7:10 PM Reply   
It looks like this summer is shaping up to offer quite a bunch of new skim style boards. In the latest Wake Boarding mag, Phase 5 has this board advertised. Nothing on the website. They label it as "Built with premium Texalium vacuum bag process". Not sure what that means. All their boards are vacuum bagged and Texalium is just fiberglass with a microscopic layer of aluminum on one side. Maybe just hype to make it sound cool? :-)
Old     (fullonsalesgrp)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-29-2006, 1:11 PM Reply   
Jeff we used it in our 07 Omen wakeskates we made a run with and one with and all our team riders say they can tell the difference Drew liked it on his surfer and loves it on a wakeskate.
Snapp and responsive and leads to a longer life for the board.
Hope that sheds a little on the subject.
And by the way I saw Drews proto surfer and it is insanely high qaulity. I told Drew to send me one when my lake warms up here in Michigan.
ITCH
Old    surfdad            12-30-2006, 7:19 AM Reply   
I've ridden several boards with a Tex skin. In fact my lovely wife, Judy's board has a Tex skin. It looks sick, that's for certain. Over Divinylcell, IMO, it doesn't offer greater snap on a wakesurfer...although you're probably right as a skin on a wakeskate, I'll defer to your expertise, Itch. I think you really only get decent snap on a wakesurfer with EPS or Poly U. core. I can see how it would offer greater torsional resistance and therefore a more stiff board, I'm not sure that is desirable for a wakesurfer, where speeds are slow, and the torsonal stresses are low.

James develops his best air's with a lightly glassed Poly U board that provides considerable "snap". But I think the Phase 5 is designed for more rotational moves.

I'd like to see the board, I'm sure that the quality is excellent - if you get your hands on one, please post a pic.

Upload
Old     (ridephase5)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-01-2007, 3:22 PM Reply   
jeff everyone has a different style board and riding styles. I personnaly love the feel and response of the tex. Also James is riding more of a surfboard style board. So I can see where you like the other glass. However on a phase 5 which is more or less a Skimboard the difference is the tex is huge. I will try and post a picture for you.Upload
Old     (cassetteboy777)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-05-2007, 9:26 PM Reply   
HAha, hey drew, I'll be riding both this and your Omen Model (when it comes out).