Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                03-14-2001, 12:48 AM Reply   
any1 need advice
Old    Hannah (tnrider) on Wedn            03-14-2001, 1:25 PM Reply   
Trampoline practice, lots of water time, a big wake, and a some courage always helps:)

Chad
Old                03-14-2001, 11:08 PM Reply   
thanks man
Old                03-15-2001, 1:45 PM Reply   
Don't be afraid of the trick, fear only makes you tense, which will get you hurt. Be relaxed going into your tricks. Be sure that you have a strong edge and feel comfortable with all of the elements that go into inverts. Also, don't bail, you will somehow be better off if you hold on to the handle, it may hurt, and in learning, it will hurt, but don't give up and don't get scared. I don't know how many ts front rolls I would have landed if I hadn't have been scared and let go of the handle.
Later
Tiffanator
LadyBoarder http://www.hometown.aol.com/jetskierxp/index.html
Thelandroid@yahoo.com
Old                03-15-2001, 5:53 PM Reply   
hey i already have landed a frontroll!
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-08-2003, 11:34 AM Reply   
Raleys are really easy once you land a couple and get use to the feeling. After landing about 5 or 6 in a row they will become a consistent and less scary trick. But as for inverts start with the tantrum and HS backroll, ts backroll, scarecrow and frontroll.
tip number 2- if you are trying to learn a trick, don't stop after a bad attempt or painful wipe out, throw it until you get it. If you stop on a bad attempt or painful crash, then throwing it later might become even more nerve racking. SO go all out
Good Luck! Have fun, no pain no gain.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-11-2003, 11:00 PM Reply   
I somewhat disagree with your tip, rootc. Yeah, I don't think they should stop. But at a certain point, one SHOULD stop.

If you're trying to learn a specific trick, try it at least 2-3 times per run. If you're close, try it more than 2-3 times. But do NOT waste your entire run on one trick. You'll beat yourself up physically and mentally. Don't let one trick keep you from having fun.

Another tip is don't go at it blindly, meaning know the mechanics of the trick. For example, on a tantrum, you want to come in with a lot of speed, then at the last second, you want to flatten out and let the wake throw you. There's a more detailed description and instruction in this forum that I posted. The key is knowing what you have to do to pull it off. For each attempt, ask the boat what you did wrong if they know. If you know what you did wrong, correct it the next time you try.

Good luck.
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       02-12-2003, 11:16 AM Reply   
Get some advil, beer, and a comfortable place on the boat where you can lay down and go to sleep.