Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (JohnAr)      Join Date: Jun 2010       05-22-2011, 7:15 PM Reply   
Cleaned the vinyl, carpets etc today in prep. the season. The interior is now (soaking) wet... I sopped up what I can with towels.

So the question is, do I throw the cover on and risk getting mold in the next week, or leave it off and risk getting rained on a bunch?

Maybe I should have waited till it was sunny... doh.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-22-2011, 7:28 PM Reply   
Put a few fans in there, pull the cushions and vent the cover so air can flow freely.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-22-2011, 7:28 PM Reply   
Also shop vac as much water out as possible
Old     (tnvolgrad)      Join Date: Dec 2010       05-22-2011, 7:49 PM Reply   
If you can find Dry-Z-Air that will wik up any moisture and keep the mildew away. You can find them in most camping sections - I got mine at local grocery chain and keep a couple in the boat while it is not in use. Run the fan a bit, but drop these in once the soaking wet is somewhat cleaned up and you should be good.
Old     (JohnAr)      Join Date: Jun 2010       05-22-2011, 8:38 PM Reply   
Cool, thanks guys. I went ahead and shop-vac'd out most of the water, and pulled the cushions. I've got a 750w space heater running to circulate warm air, and the cover is vented so hopefully it will dry out in a couple days.

Memorial is looking like a bust weather-wise so it could be a while before it really airs out.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-23-2011, 7:10 AM Reply   
Yeah I would make sure you get after it. Mold is a nasty problem, but either way if it sits too long your boat is going to smell and you will never really get rid of that smell. Put a few bumpers over the top of your gunwales to all more air to get in there and get it dried thoroughly. Once you feel confident it is dry, I would do as tnvolgrad said and put some DRI-Z-AIRs in their to get the rest of it.
Old     (jcollinge)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-23-2011, 7:34 AM Reply   
Last year I bought a Air Dryer Dehumidifier from West Marine (Model # 7867518). The best investment I made to eliminate mold when it rains a lot.