Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-14-2010, 8:16 PM Reply   
i know this is probably seems like a ridiculous question, but i recently picked up some of that techflex braided split loom to clean up my tower speaker wires to the neutriks and the small section between tower legs and the stuff just wants to curl up. i think i have it just right and then am at the final last inch or so and it bulges out somewhere else in the small run. any tips for working with this stuff? or am i just going to have to black tape both ends and then maybe on in the center? stuff would work great if it was just a straight run, but obviously, we're talking about a small half circle or arch. i bought the stuff to replace the cheaper flex loom stuff you can find just about anywhere thinking it would be a bit more plyable, but it is not. definitely looks better though. is there a trick to this stuff?
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-14-2010, 8:33 PM Reply   
This may help; http://www.techflex.com/pdf_files/Ex...ng_Install.pdf

You also might be able to gently work it with a heat gun to smooth out the bulges some. Use heat shrink on the ends where it enters the tower.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-14-2010, 9:52 PM Reply   
by no means a "pro" with this stuff, but IME it wasn't hard to get the bulges out. Just start in the middle and work your way out to the ends, stretching. The bulge is there because the techflex is "scrunched" and needs to be stretched to its full length.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-15-2010, 6:50 AM Reply   
thanks guys, i'll keep working at it.
Old     (joe_crawley)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-15-2010, 7:27 AM Reply   
one, cut the ends with a hot knife instead of scissors. two, use string or a low profile zip tie, put it a few inches on the wire like an inside out shirt and zip tie the first end. Then, pull it over the zip tie, turning it inside out. This will leave you with the first zip tie finished and hidden. If you're good, you can use string or a ziptie and sneak it inside the weave to do the same for the second end. Make sure it is as tight as possible, you may have to undo it a couple of times to trim it down. I then use the same color heat shrink over both ends to make it look oem. good luck, stuff can be a pain but looks very nice when done right.