Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 08, 2008

Old     (retrow)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-15-2008, 9:26 AM Reply   
Hey guys,

Just wanted to tell you im extremely pissed. Heres the story:

we have our boat in a small harbor, with our own compartment.
This morning i went to check on boat opened it up and noticed the cover stucked on the side, and i went to check. What i saw, was a huge scratch/ditch in the side (about 8 inches long) and the rubber strip was all torn open. This means the boat has to go away for atleast 3 weeks.... and i just started my vacation. The person that did this (With some white boat), didnt leave a msessage or tried making contact with us. If he would have done that, there wouldnt have been any trouble with the insurance too, they just would have covered it. But now we have to pay HALF of the reparation too.

So, f*ck you whoever slammed the boat.

Thank you,

bob.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       05-15-2008, 9:41 AM Reply   
Do you have full coverage? I would switch Ins. companies.
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       05-15-2008, 10:32 AM Reply   
Bob this reminds me of a incident that happened to me when I was 14 years old. My best friend and I tried to take Dad's Cadillac out for a spin around the block and accidently scratch the hell out of the side of it.

Well we didn't say a thing and we let my Mom find the huge scratch. Dad thought that someone had bumped into it at the local Safeway Parking lot and we were off the hook.

Many years later and several beers later we told my dad. Even tho many years had passed he still got a little pissed off look on his face. He did finally smile, but it took a while.

I am not saying you crashed you parents boat, but it just reminded me of how I was at the age of 14.
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-15-2008, 10:44 AM Reply   
Not sure how bad the damage is based on your description, but if it is primarily cosmetic, get it fixed at the end of vacation and enjoy your boat.
Old     (jpuckett)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-15-2008, 10:45 AM Reply   
Such nasty langauge for a young chap!
Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-15-2008, 10:49 AM Reply   
funny, I was expecting to see a photo of a heavily weighted boat!
Old     (yager97)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-15-2008, 11:20 AM Reply   
at 14 everyday is a vacation, don't worry about it you'll be back riding behind your toy in no time.
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-15-2008, 11:40 AM Reply   
your gonna skip your vacation for a jacked up rub rail and a scratch?
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-15-2008, 3:39 PM Reply   
That fn blows dude, i hate that feeling that some inconsiderate mofo messed your stuff up. Hey brannon ive done plenttyyyy of that, it all stopped at 15 and happened once more. Ive been cought with my dads lotus numerous times, and i dont even go anywhere, just down my block! The last time i did it was in our saleen mustang and he came up my street as i was going down turns out my mom was in her room right next to where it was parked and heard me start it up and thought it was my dad, if she wouldve come out and yelled what are you doing, i wouldnt have left and i wouldnt have gotten in trouble! so its basically her fault.. haha

sorry for the jack, had to share
Old     (retrow)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-16-2008, 12:50 PM Reply   
actually, im getting 16 at the 11th of august. look at my registration date, 3rd of august ;) didnt update my profile ever since.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-16-2008, 1:10 PM Reply   
fine. throw some tape over it if it leaks and go freakin ride!!!