Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 28, 2007

Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-13-2007, 7:28 AM Reply   
I just got my 97 malibu vlx from So Cal. I live in Minnesota and the selection is really limited to what is in my price range. So I found a boat that I would consider buying but it was in So Cal, about 2000 miles away. I recently posted about buying a boat without seeing it first and a couple people responded and one guy offered to take a look at it for me. I compensated him for his time and he went to look at it for me and did a very good job. Thanks a ton Darin. So I put my boat on uShip and within about 24 hours I got 4-6 bids on it and was pretty happy that there were a number of people with good feedback that would pull my boat on its own trailer back to Minnesota. The price I expected was going to be just under $2000, $1 a mile. I was suprised to see that a couple of bids were almost half that. So I accepted a bid with a guy that had some positive feedback and could not be happier. He picked it up on a monday night and I had the boat in my front yard on Thursday morning. He called me with updates twice a day about where he was and how everything was going. All in all I could not be happier with how the whole process went.
Old     (darinmg)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-13-2007, 8:13 AM Reply   
How about the boat? Happy with that? Glad to hear it all went well. I'm glad I could help. Were you able to get it on the water this weekend?
Darin
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       10-13-2007, 8:19 AM Reply   
Good story, glad to hear everything went well for you and congratulations on your bu.
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-13-2007, 8:20 AM Reply   
Congrats Nick! Hopefully you can throw her in the water today but it'll be worth it. My buddy just got an X-1 last week so we braved the cold to get that first set in before the lakes freeze.
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-13-2007, 9:04 AM Reply   
I had the boat on the water on Friday and everything went good. I had the ballast filled and four people in the boat and went for a ride. The wake was really mellow and I plan to put alot more ballast in it. I hope to get out in it today and try it out some more. With all the people in the boat the surf wake looked good on the driver side. Can't wait to load her down and see what she can do.
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-13-2007, 10:15 AM Reply   
Sounds great man, It will be nice to have a nother true wake boat out here in the TC - Where do you put it in?
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-13-2007, 10:17 AM Reply   
ps - you gotta up date the profile now!
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-13-2007, 12:10 PM Reply   
I go to Bald Eagle and Owasso. The boat needs a little work but it seems like it will be very solid.
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-13-2007, 2:02 PM Reply   
Dude, bummed I couldnt make it out today. I just got the call from my buddies they are out on White Bear Lake. I'm still at work so not sure if I'll get out today or not.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-15-2007, 12:51 AM Reply   
Everything will be mellow coming from a SN2001! Glad everything worked out roses for you.
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-15-2007, 2:28 PM Reply   
Yea, I rode behind it on Friday with ballast and 4-5 people and all I can say is love the boat but need lots more weight. That 2001 is so steep I'm usually scared to hit it the first two or three hits of the day before getting in the groove.
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-15-2007, 3:02 PM Reply   
trader....you've crossed over to the darkside
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-15-2007, 3:06 PM Reply   
IMO - He has not even seen the light...JK
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-15-2007, 3:11 PM Reply   
where are some pics?
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-15-2007, 4:22 PM Reply   
Sorry about that, I didn't know many would want to see. I found it in the for sale section on WAKEWORLD and called the guy up. He was very willing to work with me and I think I got a very fair deal. '97 Malibu VLX Had her on the water twice, only rode once but can't wait for next season. I will miss that 2001 wake but I'm going to give that boat to my dad and sell his '87 2001 in the spring, so she won't be to far away. I just hope I can get used to that mellow but hopefully big wake.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (rich_g)      Join Date: May 2003       10-15-2007, 5:08 PM Reply   
Nick, very nice boat. I remember seeing it in the For Sale section and thinking it was a good deal. Another wakeworlder with the username Trace has almost the same boat. He is very knowledgeable and could help you with any questions about ballast setup, etc.
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       10-15-2007, 5:20 PM Reply   
Nick, i know you and i talked on the phone man about my boat. i have the same boat just not a VLX, but th LX, STILL shopping, but hit me up whenever man and i can help you out with ballast settings, hopefully next season we can ride together sometime, if other sunsetter owners chime in they will tell you the wake is mellow but just AWESOME! You're gonna love that boat man, congrats!