Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 20, 2007

Old     (planetnautique)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-31-2007, 7:05 AM Reply   
I have finished uploading the videos of the Masters finals (Men and Women) to MastersLive.net. Check 'em out if you're interested. Go to the site below, then look under Archived Videos.

http://www.masterslive.net
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-31-2007, 7:11 AM Reply   
Definitely worth the watch, the webcast was great for somebody like me who was stuck inside on a weekend.
Old     (morgs)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-31-2007, 8:34 AM Reply   
Awesome stuff! - Many thanks for putting it together and posting.
Old     (planetnautique)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-31-2007, 8:46 AM Reply   
Glad to do it. I'm working on the Juniors today. Hopefully they'll be available tonight or tomorrow.
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-31-2007, 8:49 AM Reply   
"Danno" makes me want to kill myself...If you watch it, use the mute button.
Old     (eas)      Join Date: Nov 2001       05-31-2007, 11:50 AM Reply   
wow....you were right xbones....that guy gets annoying....

thanks for the link though, jeff...kept me going this afternoon.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-31-2007, 12:03 PM Reply   
You know what? I absolutley LOVE Danno, although I havn't seen the footage yet, He is awesome. No matter if you are the 10th rider in the 10th heat, he always "makes some noise" for each and every rider. I was there. After having to deal with the animosity and the plain ignorance of the skier mentality,(skiers and wakeboarders had different announcers) I felt like a wave of appreciation hearing Danos voice. If anyone of you can do better, come on out and give it a shot being the only voice for 12 hours. Give danno a break and don't insult him on an open forum when he gives all he does for the sport.

And Nautique Jeff, thank you for your efforts on posting the video. Is there anyway to get the video from the qualifiers of jr men or will that be posted on the website?? thanks so much

(Message edited by teamvaldez on May 31, 2007)
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-31-2007, 12:09 PM Reply   
Ya know, this is awesome. I'm glad someone has taken the initiative and put the contests out there for all to see on the web, rather then trying to catch them on satellite or whatever. I wish they would webcast all pro events.

While I'm not a huge contest follower, but it's nice to see some of the less known riders ride in a contest format. Great to see Dallas not just riding, but going HUGE again.
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-31-2007, 12:13 PM Reply   
I was a little harsh. He's doing his job and I'm sure its nice for the riders and not nearly as ear piercing if you are at the actual event...It just gets really old and loud watching via Web-Cast.

My apologies!
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-31-2007, 12:45 PM Reply   
Danno takes some getting used to, but I think he does a great job at the events he announces for. Dallas rode really well, I was shocked at her qualifying run. I can't imagine the mental hurdle she is facing every time she rides.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-31-2007, 1:08 PM Reply   
Luker, no worries, I just see what he has to do everyday and try to pump up people when sometimes they don't want to get pumped. I see what dano, JB and Weinaker do (or any announcer for that matter) and it is not easy. (and dano is such a great guy)

Nautique Jeff, what a great addition to wakeboarding. There has got to be some incentive to do what you do on a larger scale. Pro wakeboarding and especially the pro/ams would be a great start.
Old     (oldguy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       05-31-2007, 8:26 PM Reply   
Danno manages to "show some love" for rider after rider. He usually has something personal to add about each rider. He is consistently positive with his comments. In my opinion He is an asset to the tour.

Oh and theme Sunday is a trip!

Rock on Danno!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (dnp33)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-31-2007, 9:09 PM Reply   
did parks compete?
Old     (klp_what)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-31-2007, 10:01 PM Reply   
The announcer reminds me of Pepper Brooks from Dodgeball
Old     (planetnautique)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-01-2007, 3:09 AM Reply   
Dano definitely has his own style. He does whatever it takes to get the viewers pumped. His energy is the same from the first rider to the last. Des and Joel (the waterski announcers) do a good job too. Remember, they're talking to a different audience, and are usually quite well received by their listeners. I don't think they'd go over well announcing for wakeboarding, but I don't think Dano, JB, Murray and Bisch are the right people to announce during the ski events either.

The video from Juniors will be posted this weekend. Comments and suggestions for next year are always welcome, too.
Old     (seanmcd)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-01-2007, 4:59 AM Reply   
A-PAC!!! You hit it right on man!!!

I kept thinking that guy sounds so Damn familiar!!

Pepper Brooks, ESPN 8 ("The Ocho"): "If it's almost a sport, we've got it here!"

Thanks A-PAC
Old     (seanmcd)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-01-2007, 5:03 AM Reply   
I just realized that Pepper was played by Jason Bateman, who was in some 80's sitcom that I can't recall due to my advanced age.

Upload
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-01-2007, 5:48 AM Reply   
I guess I should clarify, the ignorance and animosity were NOT from the announcers. They were very knowledgable about the skiing. It just felt like a bit of home when we would hear Dano, Shaun and Bisch and even a bit of Ryan Lamos.
I just feel it is a direct insult to fellow riders when skiers wear a shirt that says "If it were easy, we would call it wakeboarding"
Old     (eas)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-04-2007, 9:06 AM Reply   
okay robin...i apologize for my pre-mature comments. although his announcing got really annoying (and repetitious) during that masters video...after attending the ft. worth stop (missed you by the way) this weekend...dano really wasn't that bad. he did get a little loud and a lot repetitious with his "make some noise" and "show some love", but overall he does a good job (better than i could do) and kept the fans informed and interested. did anyone else enjoy his commentary at the rail jam bikini contest more than the rail jam commentary itself? now that was good stuff....
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-04-2007, 9:45 AM Reply   
Eric, man, I soo know, I missed being there. It was more stressful not being there! I hadn't seen you in so long, I was hoping to catch up with you.
That and watch Doug run backwards in his flip flops!
I am glad that you saw and got to know Dano. He is really a great hearted guy and man, we have such a shortage of good announcers. no worries, love ya and give that baby of yours a hug from me!
Old     (eas)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-04-2007, 9:49 AM Reply   
yea...it was fun...and between you and Gordie, i think doug was on the phone more than me this weekend!

by the way...check e-mail for little man's first trip to the lake this year....