Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 22, 2008

Old     (powercorps)      Join Date: Nov 2006       08-21-2008, 10:19 AM Reply   
I have been landing the tantrum for half a season and am working on the toeside backroll. When i look at video of myself I notice that in both tricks I do not spot my landings as early as i could. In addition, my body is all balled up (bent at the waist) and it does not really look good. I have tried to break this habbit with no luck. My question is... is there any trick to getting more laid out in the air and keeping my head leading the rotation or is it something I will grow out of? I hope to keep progressing.... will this bad form come back to haunt me?
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-21-2008, 10:27 AM Reply   
forget layin them out. try grabbing them. that will make them look good.

if your balled up then it should be pretty easy for you grab them both.
Old     (mrboston187)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-21-2008, 10:29 AM Reply   
youre probably trying to throw the trick more than you should, and by this i mean youre not letting the trip off the wake do it for you. If you do tantrums correctly, the pop of the wake throws you into the flip, you dont even have to really initiate it much. Not sure if that helps, just my 2 cents
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-21-2008, 11:05 AM Reply   
I agree with JR. Personally I don't like laid out inverts. You'll never grab them that way.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-21-2008, 11:11 AM Reply   
Grab that shizz, thats why you have two arms.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-21-2008, 11:45 AM Reply   
Grabbed
Upload

ungrabbed - gay
Upload
Old     (eas)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-21-2008, 11:45 AM Reply   
Unless you lay it out enuff to get the stale grab!
Old     (joe_l)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-21-2008, 11:55 AM Reply   
yeah for tantrums just make sure you ride up the whole wake to let it trip you up and try to float it more then forcing it around so your not curled up. i always see it easier to make sure to spot your landing early so your extended
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-21-2008, 1:06 PM Reply   
Even if you attempt to grab it looks better than making no effort. I have a few pics where I missed the grab but since it was close it looked a lot better than nothing at all.
Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-22-2008, 5:56 PM Reply   
I wish I could grab Tantrum or Scarecrow... But, having said that, I have seen HUGE scarecrows, HUGE tannys, and huge roll to reverts that look sick... I personally love throwing down a big'ol scarecrow or Elephant (ungrabbed-'cause I can't) all laid out. It is a big adrenilin rush and feels like you are flying...

UJ
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-22-2008, 7:15 PM Reply   
another rare moment that layed out can look good is a "superman" flip.... there was a vid with it not long ago