Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-31-2010, 5:13 AM Reply   
So I changed my yellow impellers to the green ones on my Jabsco pumps. I mainly did this because the front tank wouldnt empty or fill all the way. The port and starboard worked fine. So after changing them all out and a quick test to see if they worked w went out to ride. Now the front and port filled perfectly, even spilled put the overflow which i have never been able to get. but the starboard pump wouldnt even turn on. I thought it must be the breaker, but it was fine. Thought maybe the connection came loose on the pump, that was fine. Took the impeller out and put it back in nothing. Anyone have any other ideas of what it could be? Very stumped.
Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       05-31-2010, 7:11 AM Reply   
does the pump run with the impeller out? Does the pump have power? that should lead you in one direction or the other. If the impeller is at all stuck the pump wont run.
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-31-2010, 9:13 AM Reply   
The pump gets no power, but occasionally will turn on for maybe 2 seconds. It worked before replacing the impeller though. I thought maybe a loose ground but couldnt find any loose wires because its a harness. But i checked all the wiring, seems to be good. Could the pump have burnt out? Its only 2 yrs old.
Old     (jame04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       06-01-2010, 7:32 AM Reply   
Mine have been running slow too (same boat). do you have it idling at 1500 or so when filling and draniing?
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-01-2010, 8:17 AM Reply   
@ edgar, the pump wont even turn on. I bumped them all when i replaced the impeller just to make sure they would turn on and they all did. The front and port run like champs. Seems like im not getting any power to the starboard side?? lIke i said it turns on for a millisecond when it feels like it when trying to engage the pump. Other than that I get nothing. And that was the pump that always worked b4 changing the impellers. I feel like it has to be a loose wire. I unplugged and plugged the harness into the pump a few times, but i couldnt find a single ground wire?? I checked the fuses and they seemed ok. Just like the others. Just so weird. HELLLLLP!
Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       06-01-2010, 9:56 AM Reply   
so pumps worked when bumped with no impellers. now impellers are installed, not working. I'd guess the impellers are sticking, cover could be over tight? put a little veggie oil on them?
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-01-2010, 1:01 PM Reply   
i thought the same, but its not the problem i dont think. even with the a stuck impeller it should make some sort of sound. had the impeller out and nothing still. Im starting to think either a bad ground, bad wiring harness, or bad pump. Is there anyway to test these? Maybe i can swithc a pump with the port side see if that works to see if its an electrical issue. Im super stumped.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       06-01-2010, 1:29 PM Reply   
My 06 had wire plugs about 18 inches from each pump, so swapping out the plug to test the pump is very easy. Just swap the wires, they are even labeled port, stbd and center IIRC. Then you know if it is a pump or wiring issue. Take the wires from the pump that works and put them on the pump that doesn't.
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-02-2010, 5:29 AM Reply   
tige guy, exactly what i will do when im at the boat next. So if it the wiring, how difficult is it to replace?