Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (sexyws6mama)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-15-2009, 5:53 AM Reply   
Just got a board a few weeks ago and I go out there and slash and try to feel the sweet spot, but how do I really surf?

Got any tips?
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-15-2009, 8:48 AM Reply   
Here is a youtube playlist, with 3 tricks you can start learning. Give them a try. Start with the Hang 5/Gun show, and move to the backside to 180 switch. More trick videos coming later.
Old     (slimjim44)      Join Date: Feb 2009       08-17-2009, 9:38 AM Reply   
wake9.com has some good stuff.
Old     (ollies_drew)      Join Date: Jan 2008       08-17-2009, 3:25 PM Reply   
How about instead of feeding people to your videos or someones website we actually help.
Audrey instead of going out and slashing right away, When you get up and riding get in the middle of the wave and just slowly transfer weight to your front foot. You will see the rope go slack this means your riding on your own. If you get close to the boat simply apply a little pressure to the back foot to slow down and then get back on the gas pedal(front foot) Once you get the hang of this you can start slashing around and doing floaters and carving. But without learning how to ride the wave you will struggle. Good Luck. Or I could be like everyone else and say phase5boards.com has some great pointers. But I thought you would like some advice instead. Hope I helped.
Drew
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-17-2009, 3:50 PM Reply   
@drew

Well, of course just my opinion, but if a picture is worth a thousand words, then I would say a video with instruction is worth a million. I would embed or attach the video, but it is not possible, maybe it would be someday here. For the record, I am not linking to my site, but directly to youtube.

@audrey, sorry, forgot to post the link to the playlist.

101 Series
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=B768FB2013702814

201 Series
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=6FD4408FB90E0B5B
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       08-17-2009, 4:32 PM Reply   
Lets see...written instruction,or an actual video?

Hmmmmm,which would be more useful?......

Ragboys advice is correct!
Old     (ollies_drew)      Join Date: Jan 2008       08-18-2009, 9:28 AM Reply   
http://www.boardflix.com/product_info.php?products_id=633
Old     (jame04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       08-18-2009, 10:04 AM Reply   
^^^ Great video
Old     (slimjim44)      Join Date: Feb 2009       08-18-2009, 11:00 AM Reply   
I threw wake9 out there cause the instructional videos convey a lot more info than anyone could type in an online forum.

PS Drew...what do you even know about wake surfing? You think you're like a pro or something? For those of you that don't know...yes he is a pro.

(Message edited by slimjim44 on August 18, 2009)
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-18-2009, 11:10 AM Reply   
I have been on this forum for about a year or so, but I have been on forums answering questions re: software development for years. And one of the things that always happens, is that every few weeks/months, there are the same questions that get asked by new people. So I used to create articles in my blog, and just point to them when a old question was asked again, saves time and effort. I have been asked NOT to point directly to my site or blog, so since this is NOT my house, I will honor that. However, the videos serve the same purpose and are freely available on youtube. Also, DW specifically allowed me to point to free videos on youtube, which can be very helpful. Maybe in the future, we can embed videos from YT in a post, and then it will be even easier.