Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 12, 2008

Old     (houdini)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-09-2007, 6:48 AM Reply   
Anyone live on or near Norris Lake, Tn? I heard the water is at 10 year lows for this time of year. I just wanted some pics if possible to see it for myself. I go there all the time in the summer and am a little worried about my favorite Lake.
Old    atloutbackv            11-09-2007, 7:11 AM Reply   
ha... try lake lanier here in GA its the lowest its been in 20 years
Old     (dansmith)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-09-2007, 7:19 AM Reply   
Here's a pic of Lake Lanier:
Upload

And one of George H. Sparks Reservoir (also in GA):
Upload
Old     (kkong72)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-09-2007, 8:00 AM Reply   
This is Norris at the end of July. At that time they said the lake was dropping an average of 3inches a day. Id hate to see the lake right now.
Upload
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-09-2007, 8:37 AM Reply   
Docks are now decks
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-09-2007, 11:00 AM Reply   
I can't believe they just let their boats sit out there like that, good lord.
Old     (houdini)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-09-2007, 11:34 AM Reply   
I was at Norris in August and it was lower than that Nick. A friend told me it is getting worse and worse. I am just hoping Virginia/Tennessee gets some snow this winter or a ton of rain to start filling that bad boy up.
Old     (houdini)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-09-2007, 11:35 AM Reply   
Also know a guy that doesn't have a trailer and the water is dropping to the point he doesn't know what to do about his Malibu. It sits on a lift and he keeps moving the dock out further and further but soon his cove will be dry.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-09-2007, 12:18 PM Reply   
But some blocks under it just like at the boat yard and pray for rain. Its a good time to look for the keys you accidently dropped off the dock.
Old     (dwakesetter)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-16-2007, 6:45 AM Reply   
I grew up in a house at Norris lake and it has been much lower than this several times. But Mike is right it is the lowest in 10 years. I go up there constantly and have talked to several marina owners that are not worried at all. Mike your friend with the malibu can call Overboard watersports and they will bring a yard trailer and pick the boat up and keep it until the spring. The water will come back up, I floated the Powell river (flows into norris) recently and it is already comeing back to normal.
Old     (houdini)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-16-2007, 7:15 AM Reply   
Doug - good to hear. I wasn't tooo worried. But hey - my favorite lakes start showing that much dirt, and I gotta start wondering what's going on. That is a big lake and needs a lot of water to come back to normal. I hope it does by next season.
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       11-16-2007, 11:59 AM Reply   
Here's a link to Norris' level.

http://www.norrislake.info/level.asp

You can see use the calendar to see the history of the last months and compare to previous years. Right now it's about 20' lower than same time 2006 and ~10' lower than 2005.