Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 10, 2005

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old    robertt            05-03-2005, 3:53 PM Reply   
Well, I pretty much have decided to buy a Mastercraft this fall. Each of the other manufactures had something to offer, but the biggest Mastercraft dealer in the area is right up the street and the owner of it lives a few homes up so it seems to make sense from a maintenance standpoint.

Here is my question. I have a lift with a canopy. Each and every time I put the boat on the lift….I have to screw around with raising and lowering the tower. I am getting little scratches from it on the gelcoat, and it’s kind of a pain because we use the boat for much more than towing.

Anyone have any great ideas on this subject? Is there an easy way to take care of this? Most of the people on the lake that have a tower don’t have canopies…but I really refuse to snap a cover on every day.

Any ideas??

Next question, they don’t allow ballast systems on my lake. I know…it sucks…but its part of the game. So, if I buy an X7, I will have to take the ballast tanks out before they will allow it on the lake. Based on that….how much cheaper would it be to simply get a 197 with the options I want.

One more question…while trying to figure out what I want to do, I would love to have a price list or an invoice sheet like you can get for cars. Is there anything like that for comp boats?

Thanks in advance everyone….I really appreciate it.

By the way….since some of you may not understand why I am set on a certain boat…here is why.

The lake I am on is very strict on what boats are allowed. It has to be USA Waterski approved, and less than 20’9”, less than 3000 lbs, etc. The X2 is not an official USA Waterski approved boat…and its too heavy.

The biggest baddest thing I can get is the 197 (or X7).

Anyone else live here in Lake St. Louis, MO????

I hope to say goodbye to my I/O this fall.