Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-18-2013, 5:42 PM Reply   
After reviewing this article about spinning with Rathy...
-> http://www.wakeboardingmag.com/how-t...-with-rathy/4/ and even this thread http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?p=972313
...I'm still having some trouble understanding what rodeo spins are on a wakeboard. I know that a back rodeo on a snowboard is essentially a tantrum to blind but I thought we had already labelled frontside rodeos or other equivalents in wakeboarding with terms like "off axis". But I want to understand so please help lol. Ex. What makes that rodeo tsbs5 different than a GSpot?
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       08-18-2013, 8:56 PM Reply   
What is a Gspot?

That ts backside "rodeo" 5 is just how he sets his axis. It is like a backside rodeo 5 on a snowboard when you leave from your toes. I can see it from that camera angle.

A heelside roll to revert can be 'banked out' like a frontside rodeo on a snowboard. You can make a heelside back mobe look like a frontside rodeo 7, a la Erik Ruck mute mobe.

Rodeo is really a snowboard term in my opinion. Research videos of snowboard rodeos and then you can understand how to apply them to wakeboarding. Yes you can make a tantrum to blind look like a backside rodeo too. Its all style and how you set the axis of the trick. There are no true rodeos in wakeboarding, at least, in my opinion.
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-19-2013, 5:49 AM Reply   
Thanks for responding! A GSpot is a toeside backroll to blind. There's one in this video at 2:38

from Norbi Vasko on Vimeo.

Okay, so it's just a different axis than what has been done before? After reading your post I understand now how essentially on a snowboard because there's no ts/hs a crowmobe/backmobe are the same trick and so are gspots/tantrums to blind.

I think i found a video of rathy doing one at :52 and Shota at 1:53. Watching I can see how it's less of a flip than from the photos.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       08-19-2013, 8:04 AM Reply   
I wouldn't call a crowmobe and back mobe the same trick snowboarding. There isn't really a crow mobe snowboarding... you could argue that a misty flip is similar I guess.

Yes you can see the off axis ts bs spins are way banked out spins vs. the ts backroll to blind and blind judge.

In the end it is just different style, shota does them sick!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-20-2013, 6:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebordr11 View Post
I wouldn't call a crowmobe and back mobe the same trick snowboarding. There isn't really a crow mobe snowboarding... you could argue that a misty flip is similar I guess.

Yes you can see the off axis ts bs spins are way banked out spins vs. the ts backroll to blind and blind judge.

In the end it is just different style, shota does them sick!
I agree that they are the closest to a Misty Flip. Man does anybody even do those any more (besides skiers), I used to misty flip the hell out of everything in the late 90's.