Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old    daniel_g_smith            09-27-2004, 12:49 PM Reply   
would you go for the 05 substance 134 or the CWB absolute 135???????
Old     (crracer)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-27-2004, 1:59 PM Reply   
I haven't ridden the substance but I just got the 05 absolute Platty and it truly is the best package I have ever rode. Not to mention the people at CWB are great and accommodate you very nicely
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-27-2004, 2:07 PM Reply   
ditto
Old    murrayair            09-27-2004, 7:35 PM Reply   
I have the Absolute Plat, and I LOVE it!

(Message edited by murrayair on September 27, 2004)
Old    edward            09-27-2004, 7:42 PM Reply   
absolute
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-27-2004, 8:16 PM Reply   
I like the substance a lot. havnt ridden the CWB though, but everyone seems to like it a lot.
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-27-2004, 8:36 PM Reply   
It's funny how many people love to ride CWB, but so few shops carry it. We carry it but very little and sell out right away...
I rode the 04 Absolute this summer a couple times but heard from the rep to wait for the 05 so...I'm going to get the 05 in a couple weeks. hopefully.
Old    wakeboardn4life            09-27-2004, 8:40 PM Reply   
i have the substance and love it best board ive ever had
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-28-2004, 4:36 AM Reply   
I love my 04 Absolute, and most everyone who has tried it does also.

Hey crracer - where did you get your CWB. The only dealer I know of here (Waterski World) is gone. Is there another CWB dealer in town, or did you get it before they shut down? (sorry for the hijack).
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-28-2004, 11:07 AM Reply   
Buzz Grande, do a dealer search on their website to find the closest dealer.

http://cwbwakeboards.com/cwb.html

Oh & the 2005 Absolute is better than the 2004, it has now moved into the best board category.

(Message edited by stephan on September 28, 2004)
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-28-2004, 11:11 AM Reply   
The Absolute is a sweet ride. I keep coming back to it.
Old     (crracer)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-28-2004, 2:21 PM Reply   
Hey Buzz,
I got mine directly from CWB. You could contact the Ca rep via Email. I'll Private you the address
Old    210n            09-28-2004, 2:52 PM Reply   
absolute is better board, substance just looks better
Old    daniel_g_smith            09-28-2004, 3:34 PM Reply   
I mean i understand yall like the absolute is better but what makes it better thanks
Old     (fallinguphill)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-28-2004, 5:47 PM Reply   
Daniel G. Smith, people could come up with reasons why both boards are better than the other but it all comes down to personal preference. I for one feel the substance is the best board on the market while others would disagree. I strongly suggest you demo both boards and then make your decision. You will save yourself time and money.
Old     (blackcreek)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-29-2004, 7:03 AM Reply   
I demoed both boards CWB Absolute 141 (I think) and Substance 138. I went with the substance and love it. I liked the Absolute also but it felt to "floaty" to me. It may be because it was slightly larger. They are similar style boards, but for my own riding, I love the substance.
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-30-2004, 4:36 AM Reply   
GO WITH THE ABSOLUTE 135!!! I know a place where you can get the 2005's for a really good price. Email me and I will give you the info: bwaters1@tampabay.rr.com
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       10-01-2004, 5:41 PM Reply   
I rode the LF Substance and it was a nice ride. However, I've had good luck with CWB boards and after talking with BUYWAKE (Kit) and explaining my riding preferences, I chose the '05 Absolute 141. In the short time I've been on it I can tell you I love it. Without fins it's still a great tracker on edge but lets loose when you want, explodes off the wake, and has super soft landings. It just sucks I have to put it away in about 1 month!
Either way, if you have the opportunity, ride your final selections and go from there.

(Message edited by phat in cincy on October 01, 2004)

(Message edited by phat in cincy on October 01, 2004)
Old     (afrodeziak)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-01-2004, 6:25 PM Reply   
I've got a substance, ridden the platinum, both are rad boards, I almost liked the platinum more... both are sick though :-)
Old    lil_butze            10-05-2004, 11:16 AM Reply   
the substance is the best board i have ever ridden beside the gator rick g model
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-05-2004, 7:54 PM Reply   
both are great boards but i would take a new absolute any day
Old    jayp            10-06-2004, 1:32 AM Reply   
Try the Liquid force litmus 136.
Old     (airmandy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       10-20-2004, 7:34 AM Reply   
I ride the CWB Absolute and love the board. I like Liquid Force and Hyperlite is ok, I broke the hyperlite last summer, But the CWB boards ride the best. Oh, check out www.learn2wakeboard.com, they sell and ride only CWB boards. I demo 4 boards before I bought.
Old    ematthew            10-20-2004, 8:15 AM Reply   
I demoed both the same day, and bought the absolute. For me, it had better pop and smoother landings. Everyone is different, so ride before you buy.
Old     (zaneschwenk)      Join Date: Apr 2004       11-06-2004, 4:58 AM Reply   
I like the Absolute....I ride all the boards to get a feel of what's out there and I truly think that with the Absolute you get the best of many worlds. Best suggestion is to go try it...not just one set but a few....I think you'll like it. And thanks to all the absolute riders out there....you are the best! Zane Schwenk
Old     (more_betterness)      Join Date: Sep 2004       11-06-2004, 10:56 AM Reply   
Zane,

My shop just got your video "The rider's edge" its one of the best learn 2 board videos I have ever seen.

Daniel,
Like everyone else has said demo both its the best way to go, but by now I am sure you have already chosen a board since the post started in september.
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-06-2004, 9:12 PM Reply   
I have a comment for all the people who are riding hyperlite premiers or Eras... or for people riding any other boards also.... if you think you want to try a different board, the Absolute is a big upgrade!! I used to think that my 04 premier was the best board on the water untill I tried the Absolute and I was amazed... All the airs were bigger, seemed like spins and inverts were easier, huge pop, very fast on edge, and butter soft landings... you should just get yourself to you CWB dealer and demo that board... you will be AMAZED!!
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-06-2004, 9:55 PM Reply   
I was a premier rider until I tried it. Awesome board. Transcend too. The pop is sick....really slow though but I like that.

Holy crap Zane's on here. How cool is that?
Old     (hypo303)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-07-2004, 6:51 AM Reply   
I tried both boards in the last 2 weeks
and i really preferred the 138 substance
i felt that it tracks better and the pop is explosive..the absolute had a softer landing
both boards are great for inverts..took some time for me to get use to the absolute,maybe a 141 is to big for me....demo both boardz
Old    snoobs            11-07-2004, 12:15 PM Reply   
I own a 05 Substance, 04 Absolute, and a Premier DNA. Sis has got an Gator Gonzalez.

1. 05 Substance 138

explosive pop, tracks nice w/.8, loose but not to loose, nice landings, nice edge toeside.

2. 04 Premier DNA 141

light and floaty, nice pop, tracks nice w/.7, land tricks everytime, pillow soft landings,
tips catch unnecessary water sometimes. maybe binding positioning will correct.

3. 05 Gator Gonzalez 138

holla mofo graphics! light, smooth ride, break loose with 1.3 cut away fin, nice height, sometimes pop inconsistant though. Landings are little solid.. maybe I need 142 for perfection.

4. 04 Absolute 141

Nice edge, fast, to tight with 1.3, and to loose with .8 cwb fins.

I'll be getting rid of the 04 Absolute soon. I just don't see why every one is all excited about the absolute. Just not for me. Upper end CWB bindings are nice. I don't care that much for the CWB boards. Absolute softer landings than the Premier? I dont feel it. Maybe my DNA landings are softer than the other core. Both LF and CWB have very good customer service though. Everytime I called CWB I always spoke to a person and not an answering machine.

Old     (zaneschwenk)      Join Date: Apr 2004       11-08-2004, 7:04 AM Reply   
It's great to hear everyone is out trying all the boards...it takes some time to get comfortable on a new ride but give it a chance and most likely you'll fall in love with your board. I really could not be happier with my 05 board (Absolute)...truly the best evolution of a board series. Go out and give it a few sets and I really think you will be impressed....bigger rocker, thin and longer molded fins, cupped and vented channels, center spine, it has more pop and softer landings than ever. Just check it out.....everyone keep riding and have fun out there.

Zane Schwenk
theridersedge.tv
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       11-08-2004, 7:36 AM Reply   
Zane, I love the new 05' absolute, I'm just trying to get used to the brakes you put on that board

That rocker killed the speed so my timing was completely off the first couple of times I rode it. I should get used to it though. Other than that, the board is insane.
Old     (gatorboardstx)      Join Date: Nov 2004       11-08-2004, 9:24 AM Reply   
you shouldn't limit yourself to trying just a few boards. try as many as possible... TRY A GATOR BOARD!!!

(Message edited by gatorboardstx on November 08, 2004)
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-08-2004, 10:54 AM Reply   
The new 2005 board rides much better than the 2004. I've taken to riding it finless and that's after riding last years with the 1.3" fins.

Zane, hope the knees getting better, next time keep your eyes on the boat not the helicopter. jk