Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 25, 2006

Old     (intchamp)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-30-2006, 2:13 AM Reply   
I just got a new Byerly 137 and I want to see what people that have rode it think about it. I rode an O'Brien Science 143 last season, big change. I went with a shorter board hoping it will spin easier. I rode a Parks 137 last year and liked it, these two ride anything alike?
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-30-2006, 3:17 AM Reply   
Sorry I'm going to be an ass now.
If you liked the Parks, why didn't you buy that?!

Now being helpful.
THe byerly is going to be way grippier, that'll be the main thing you notice. Sits pretty deep in the water and releases late (that not a bad thing though, just preferance). It should all be cool.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-30-2006, 6:14 AM Reply   
I learned how to wakeboard on the byerly 137. I decided to try out something different but I didn't feel comfortable on anything I demoed until I tried the shane. I switch on and off between the byerly and the shane. I think the byerly is a great board, exceptional tracking.
Old     (zride)      Join Date: May 2001       03-30-2006, 7:16 AM Reply   
Tail sits too deep for me and definately releases late off the wake. Other than that it is actually my second favorite in pop to the parks.