Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 18, 2006

Old     (pureblue)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-25-2006, 1:13 PM Reply   
Me and the guys are out to the lake after spending many hours fixing the boat up and getting ready for the summer. We load up and pop in the new red hot chili peppers cd. We were going to a small lake about 20 minutes away that we frequent to get in quick sessions. We get there and there is a sign that says speed limit 5 mph on the entire lake. I go over and ask a fisherman pulling his boat out with a car and he says the water level is 5 feet down and islands of mud are forming all over the lake (this is a really small lake). So we had to drive back home since the nearest lake that would be open was 45 minutes to an hour away. Oh well looks like we will have to give it another try next week.
Old     (wakesetter101)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-25-2006, 1:47 PM Reply   
Man that sucks. Hope you get some rain.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       05-25-2006, 6:07 PM Reply   
I would have made the extra hour drive.

I dropped my boat in and it was bogging out. It's in the shop this weekend and doesn't look to be ready for the weekend.
Old     (pureblue)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-26-2006, 9:02 AM Reply   
ya we would have made the drive, but most of us had appointments that didnt allow for the extra 2 hours of driving time.
Old    walt            05-26-2006, 9:25 AM Reply   
I wouldn't think twice about driving 45 minutes in fact I drive 2-1/2 hours every Friday to get to My lake during the summer.

You must not of wanted to ride that bad ?
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-26-2006, 9:29 AM Reply   
walt he said they had appts to keep man.

Old     (pureblue)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-26-2006, 9:31 AM Reply   
Well if I had gone to the other lake, do to other appointments I would have probaly had around 45 minutes on the water and 2.5 hours of driving. I want to ride pretty bad, but with gas prices so high I don't think 45 minutes on the water was worth it. And we didn't know what the water level of the other lake was, it could have been closed. I think after mem. day weekend will be a good time to go find some good water.
Old    walt            05-29-2006, 4:26 PM Reply   
Mike,

That wouldn't stop me either.
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-29-2006, 5:52 PM Reply   
Me either...I would have called in sick
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-29-2006, 7:44 PM Reply   
Who am I kidding, me too.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-31-2006, 9:44 AM Reply   
our lake right now has a seaweed problem, i had to be towed out a little bit after I launched the boat to get away from it.